List of current and proposed projects

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey, here's the list of current and proposed projects at the Grey Wolf Shipyard: (Note: the list of stuff we have molds for is incomplete, because the molds are at Brian's workshop, and I am only listing stuff that I know for a fact we are casting right now.

Currently have molds for:
    -US BB twin 5" secondary turret
    -Japanese floatplane
    -US and German Termite armor
    -A couple of generic small boats
    -HMS Lion(BC) secondary mounts
    -HMS Vanguard main turret
    - " " secondary turret*
    *4 of the 8 secondaries sit on a large raised base, we have that, too

Currently in development:
    -Japanese DN main turret
    -OS2 Kingfisher
    -Agano hull plug

Next in line(in no particular order):
    -generic deck-mounted BB floatplane catapult (NC style)
    -North Carolina main turret
    -Agano turret
    -Scharnhorst main turret
    -Bismarck main turret
    -cargo ship cranes (like on Liberty or Victory ships)

Someday maybe (depends on requests/whims of fickle plug maker):
    -IJN Takao hull & turrets
    -DKM Deutschland hull & turrets
    -Jean Bart hull & turrets
    -La Galissoniere hull & turrets

If you have a request, please post it here so we know what people are looking for (boat-battling-wise, anyway :) It could sway the fickle plug & mold maker's actions towards what you want.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That is great. Any pics of these available? I am looking for a turret for the Viribus Unitis. I am looking for 4 turrets for the USS TENNESSEE(REFIT VERSION). Floatplane for NC, Bismarck main turrets, and termite armor for USS Tennessee.

3. Tugboat

Like I said, Curt, requests generate the list :) I don't have ship's plans for the TN, though. If you could xerox the parts that have the main turrets, I can use those, or we can wait until I get done with stuff I have the plans for.

On the plus side, I have the plans ready for Bismarck turrets, and the OS2 Kingfisher pics that I am using are of the OS2 that is sitting on the North Carolina's catapult right now.

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Two things. First Curt.... I have four turrets for you, or did you forget? Tuggy... pics ... anytime for the kingfishers. I'd love to see the finished project!

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No Craig didn't forget. I am going to use Steve's for combat and keep the other ones for show.
    I will check on my plans for Tennessee and see about getting that Xerox for the turrets.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No Craig didn't forget. I am going to use Steve's for combat and keep the other ones for show.
    I will check on my plans for Tennessee and see about getting that Xerox for the turrets.

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

hmmmmmmm, better talk to Steve on that one... I think I already talked to you, that he's going to work on the old one, so he wants her back to make into a part of the Skills competition weekend.... Dunno, maybe something got missed in translation... I don't speak Newfandese. How's it goin'now by? Me mudder and me fadder, go'on dun the stor' to pik'up sum bates and tatoes. Wants sum? Yes fur sure!

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Craig we already discussed I am not taking the old Tennessee based on how bad of shape it is in. If he wants to keep the old turrets that's fine with me. I rather keep all my parts consistent with the rest of the model in other words new looking. For God's sake man I am convulsing at your poor attempts at NEWFINESE B'YE. lol

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Is that convulsing in laughter or in writhing pain :)

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

I love it. Talked to Bob tonight. He is moving forward with Vangord... the mighty Gord! Some other things came up. He is looking into spurt cannons for the summer. So should people need them it would be better to ask sooner than later....

11. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

not sure if u have gotten my e-mail but i was looking for the price of the "US BB twin 5" secondary turret" and the "US Termite armor" i need 10 turrents and i have no clue on the armor ill need im buildong an iowa

12. Tugboat

I'll check my junk mail box, the email threw a few others in there from the forums here. Maybe if I add the forum to my safe list...

I'll pass the request on to Brian, with the email address from your profile. I know he has a set of the twin 5" (at least one set, he started pouring more last week). I don't know if we have a pattern for the Iowa's superstructure for the armor. I'll check on that.

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

Any plans on expansion with the Termite armor? Different countries... more structure pieces... ???

14. Tugboat

There are plans to do that, but for the next month or so, I'm going to be preoccupied with med school (finals, projects, etc)... I finished that Komet hull I was doing, and once I'm clear of the academic crap, I have all summer to play. The Kingfisher will get done, and then I have turrets and crap :) I have adequate source documentation to do termite armor for:IJN Yamato, IJN Takao, IJN Agano, IJN Hyuga, USS South Dakota, USS North Carolina, DKM Bismarck, DKM Scharnhorst, DKM Lutzow and probably a few more. I'm not at home with my plans list, so that's not an exhaustive list. I will talk to Brian K, he's done some armor molds. He did some for the HMS Lion battlecruisers in 1/144 which looked great, made me miss my old Lion!

I am expecting my new "Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War" book to arrive soon, and that'll provide reference and inspiration for some detail parts there :) Summer will be a big project-building holiday! Yamato turrets are the priority once I get the Kingfisher done, but I am buying some power tools that will make work go much faster (combo belt/disc sander and a bandsaw) so turrets will go together a lot quicker. It'll still take time to do research and the finishing of the plugs but the middle part of the process will go better.

Also, with the impending birth of the 1/96 combat club (yet to be named), I will be making parts to supply those battlers (especially since I'm one of those battlers). Yamato and Bismarck will be the first two targets of my creative fury, and in line with the master plan for 1/144 details, there will be complete turret sets (in 1/144, the USS NoCarolina will be the first full set)

When you ask about structure pieces, are you talking about external armor, or actual structure like Greg does for the Bismarck?