Littorio is she capable in fast gun

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by ZARUBA1987, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

That’s really good to hear! I’d like to see some videos maybe a few are running around. I’m sure you will catch the Brouhaha in March. Thanks for back story on the Doria had no idea I had it mixed up. As for a rebuild and sticking with the Doria. I’m sure the second go round would be easier. I could move ribs around to weak areas.
    If I could find a thick 4” wide fiberglass roll it would make glassing easier. I could then remove the sub deck without fear of the hull falling apart.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

QE
    Nagato
    NC
    Sydlitz
    Tiger
    Derflinger
    Iboat
    Kongo
    All much better choices than the big Eye-Tie. If you want Italian use a cruiser they have a couple good ones. Or they took Radetsky at the end of WWI, that’s a fun ship.

3. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Oh. Hey, there ya go Zaruba. Tiger and Kongo would fit your 24 sec dual rudder "Abandon the Italians" plan!

4. ZARUBA1987

After everything I have decided to fix the hull on the Doria. I’d like to have at least one battle ready ship and she is the closest I’ve got. That’s not taking in to consideration my daughters and son boats. I figure with a little glass work and a new SS it will keep her on the water for years to come.

Renodemona likes this.
  5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

When I re-glassed the underside of the Baden when I ground it out too much on that paper thin hull, I found 6 inch wide strips at West Marine in town. Walmart also sells that stuff for cheap and you can just overlap the edges and grind it down later.

6. ZARUBA1987

10-4. My plan was to order 4” wide 6oz fiberglass tape from amazon and build that up. I’m hopping I might salvage the sub deck. Even though it’s paneling off a wall it seams solid. I will know more once she is Naked

7. Iunnrais

Iunnrais Active Member

That wasn't Jim Hill's old boat by chance? He was here in Houston and picked that up in 2002 and ran it once or twice - never did get it running right. It made a sortie at the 2002 Houston Nats running single screw.

8. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Not sure, its possible, but other than what I thought his name is, I have no other info.

9. Terry Keef

Terry Keef Member

Jay Edwards battled one that James Foster built. She was a beautiful ship. But, as stated earlier, He battled her more as a super cruiser. Any time he tried to go toe to toe side mount he usually got pretty shot up.

Boatmeister likes this.