looking for a club

Discussion in 'IRCWCC' started by Hunter12396, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Hunter12396

Hunter12396 New Member

looking for a club near pittsburg PA please help thanks!

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

hello Hunter,
    Were In Pittsburgh, Are you? I"m about a 5-miunte Drive from The West end Bridge!
    Nikki

3. Hunter12396

Hunter12396 New Member

well im not in pittsburg more like irwin but im used to having to go to pittsburgh to do stuff

4. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

Hunter,
    looking for a club too, i just outside of Monroville.

5. NASAAN101

funkymonkey,
    I have a displace, I'm going to up in Ravanna Oh, in about 3-weeks!!! If you and Hunter can, why don't the two of you come up!
    Nikki

6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

whats up that way nikki?
    we should, if there is enough people to do so, start up a "chapter" down here in south west pa......

7. NASAAN101

funkymonkey @ Hunter12396,
    The Midwest Naval combat club is have a one day Display up on Ravanna Ohio! It's a chance to meet a few a the dayton guys and just hang out and talk up boats!
    Nikki

8. NASAAN101

funkymonkey,
    to be able to start a club here we need more people, and As of now its only You, Hunter and I!!
    Nikki

9. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I don't often post here, but am an active builder in the hobby. I live in NW PA about 3 hours North of pittsburghand have a large model shop. I have been in the hobby since 2000 and am currently president of the IR/CWCC. There are only a couple of friends here that build. we are a widespread group. there are also battlers in the York area, Phila, and the largest concentration in Baltimore/Annapolis area - surprise surprise!! Erie has a small group but they have not been active lately but there is more in central Ohio. I know one longstanding battler who recently moved to Pgh but is busy with life, business, and family and has not been active. Hopefully, in the future. sounds like a lot of us.
    I can help people get started if you care to make the trip. I build hulls and molds from scratch, make lots of turrets, and have a good soldering bench setup.
    I have a battle pond 1 mile from my house and will be hosting a battle the first weekend in June. Come on up to watch or battle.
    Nate Graham

10. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

nate.
    Deff need to meet up. Would like to see your setup and throw ideas by you.erie isnt that bad a hike. Actually have family up there. If I can get the frame of the Iowa structurally sound I would like to bring it along.

11. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

I will be hosting a battle here on June 1 and 2 weekend. I expect a small turnout of 6-8 guys. We will be doing some tune up in the shop I am sure. you are welcome to join us. email me privately if interested.
    Nate

12. NASAAN101

hey Nate,
    Sorry I wouldn't be able to make it up!
    Nikki