Looking for Armored Cruiser2 plans

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by SgtBostUSMC, Jun 14, 2016.

1. SgtBostUSMC

SgtBostUSMC New Member

I was wondering if anyone had the plans for the USS New York/Saratoga/Rochester?

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

SgtBostUSMC likes this.
  3. SgtBostUSMC

SgtBostUSMC New Member

I figure that it may be out classed, however it will be unique. I saw that people were building the Edgar Quinet so I figured that it wasn't to far out of date. Plus it helps keep the wife happy since her grandfather sailed on the USS Saratoga during WWI

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  4. SgtBostUSMC

SgtBostUSMC New Member

if I read section H part 1 right in the IRCWCC rules. because she was launched before 1905 she is not allowed to compete. well I guess that I will have to look for different boat to build? does 15 yrs make that much of a difference since she did serve in ww1?

5. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

For local battles and regionals probably not.

Anachronus likes this.
  6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Maryland Silver Co was going to be my recommendation; I have nothing on those particular ships (sadly).

For being allow to run it in combat? Nationally, probably not (somebody hates older ships). Locally, it depends on your local club. I know where I battle, we'd be like 'Throw it on the water and lets do it!', but sadly I'm on the opposite corner of the country. Where you are, I'd talk to the local guys. I know some of them and they're pretty cool.