Looking For Looking for ship, noob.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Maxwell Just, May 29, 2019.

1. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

Looking for a good learning ship, the forums are pretty vague so I think i just need a complete one to see what's really going on. If anyone has one that needs a little work or is already working please let me know, not looking to spend over 400 on the first one I get, just lmk if you have something for a good deal.

2. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Hello, where abouts are you located? Meeting up with battlers is usually a quick way into the hobby. Many groups have enough parts and hulls laying around to get you on the water very quickly and cost effectively.

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

unless it is a destroyer, a working warship has more than $400 of parts.

4. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

I'm in North Carolina, I've been reading a lot about building them and i think i can handle everything except maybe the super structures, I dont have a 3d printer and have no clue where I would get prints for the superstructure of one, sure I can do a low detailed foam super structure and if that's the most common way to do it then I'll do that.

5. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

I know the guns are expensive, the batteries, motors, radio, I know it all adds up if you buy it all new but maybe somebody has an old ship that just needs some TLC I'd love to buy a good ole fixer upper so I can fix it and learn at the same time.

Obviously I'd love to put 1200 into a Yamato or Iowa rn but not for my first ship.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  6. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

Yeah, I’ve spent more than that on a non combat ship!

7. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

Damn, this is an expensive hobby ain't it, I've already got a bad problem buying car parts for the ole BMW.. currently vinyl wrapping it, well I have some other hobby stuff I can sell, like a rc gas powered 458 Italia, and a real boat lol, anyone here need a real boat?

Sinkazuki likes this.
  8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

"I know the guns are expensive, the batteries, motors, radio, I know it all adds up if you buy it all new but maybe somebody has an old ship that just needs some TLC I'd love to buy a good ole fixer upper so I can fix it and learn at the same time."
    All of these items are used again in the newer ship, so you might pick up a part of a ship cheap but most of the guns, motors, speed controls, batteries, radios, pumps, etc. will be used in the newest ship. Price out the parts at Battlers Connection. And don't forget battery chargers, and other shore side equipment.

9. Sinkazuki

Sinkazuki Active Member

What bimmer do you have.
    Randy

10. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

Okay thanks, what would you say the best way to make the super structures is?

11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

rubber mats for standing on in the shop. The kind that go together like a jig saw puzzle.

12. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

Okay I get what you mean, rubber or more like foam

13. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

Lol I spent less when restoring my Honda trail 90

14. Maxwell Just

Maxwell Just New Member

Well like I said I've got BMW issue as is so you can imagine how my account looks after I take a blown m3 or m5 and replace the motor... but after I sell it all is dandy haha

15. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

In NC you are in a good location for the hobby. Big national event in Oakboro/Albemarle.

I have a nice Austrian dreadnought Viribus Unitis that's an empty hull with superstructure, turrets, props, shafts, etc. Would be a decent head start, drop in your guts and rock and roll. I'm never gonna build it, so if you were interested we can work something out.

16. __Titan__

__Titan__ Member

I love that ship! Well the class!

17. Nate G

Nate G Well-Known Member

VU can be built into a terrific battler. My son and I ran them for quite a few years and NAts.

18. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Where in North Carolina are you located?