Looking for Tugboat

Discussion in 'General' started by Kotori87, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

He did? Oh :) I would need accurate plans and time. I have a few pictures and one low-quality line drawing I found on the web. So if you wanted turrets I'd need copies of the parts of your plans that show the turrets, front, top, and side.

On the plus side, you'll have a fair bit of work to do before you'll need turrets. (I say this because I just finished a set, and I'm working on another for a really big Yamato)

2. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

ok tugboat because i dont have the plans but we can forget about it and what do you thing about me buying a ship from one of the guys on this website

3. Tugboat

Not sure what you mean by what do I think :) If I didn't make hulls myself, I'd be buying half these boats just because I think they're cool.

From ships currently on this site's For Sale forum, I recommend getting one of the Australia/New Zealand (Indefatigable class battlecruiser) hulls that Mikey has for sale. Those are great first boats, and up till this season, I've been using one. Several other veteran battlers also like to run them, so they're not just 'beginner boats'. Enough firepower to have fun, and great capacity for absorbing damage. Good maneuverability, reasonable speed (speed 26 in MWC and also I think in IRCWCC).

Beyond those, there are some cruisers for sale, too. They're a good choice, also. I don't recommend battleships nor destroyers/really small cruisers as they are more than you want to be messing with ATM. Heck, they're more than I want to be messing with ATM :)

4. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

ok because i might buy a ship from froggyfrenchmen

5. Tugboat

Cool. Good luck with your ship :) Remember, you can always ask questions on the forums when you're building, too :)

6. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

k thanks for the tip

7. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

whats the dif between the invincible and indefagitable

8. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Not much, really. the Indefatigable was a little bit longer and had better arcs of fire for the midships turrets.

For our purposes, it means that the Indefatigable is a little easier to build because it has more space (as an Invincible driver I can attest to the tight quarters inside), weighs a little more, and has slightly more hull volume and thus is a little harder to sink. Invincible turns slightly better (so little it may not be noticable). I love my Invincible, and am sure I'd love an Indefatigable just as much, but don't have much reason to build one.

9. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

ok tig do you have any ships that i could buy from you cause this summer i will have a ton of money

10. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Any update on the transport availability? Any of the transports?

Cheers,

Wreno

11. Tugboat

I'm focusing on getting Carl's little boat done, and Mark's turrets. After that, I will resume work on the transports. I do have a friend in Japan doing some looking for me for a better reference than I have, too.

Carl, if you read this, the little boat is the holdup. I'm not sure I'll ever be satisfied with its durability for combat. The turrets have been done.

12. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Tug,

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, which "little boat" is Carl getting?

Thanks,

13. Tugboat

He asked me to put some layers of fiberglass on a tiny tiny 1:144 scale trawler plastic model. That material is the most hateful stuff I've worked with. Way worse than 'glass.

14. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That's why I asked Tugboat to do it. If I'd tried, I probably would have ended up dissolving the plastic or something like that. By the way Tugboat, is it ready yet?

15. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

Now my curiousity has the better of me; how little exactly is this "little boat" of yours?

16. Kotori87

It's this small:
    [​IMG]

17. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

Quite the cute little ship. It looks as if it's already almost at scale waterline without much gear aboard.

18. Kotori87

That's actually running light. It's actually supposed to run about 1/4" to 3/8" deeper. Fully loaded, it weighs about 11 oz. Just enough displacement for a receiver, micro servo, battery, and bilge pump. Yes, that's right, this little sucker will have a 1/8" bilge pump. Not enough to keep it afloat if hit, but at least it should survive when half-inch waves start crashing over the bow...

19. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

When you say 1/8 in pump, do you mean the outlet size. I can get better than 4 gpm now out of a 1/8 inch outlet. Just takes the right combination of pump, motor, and outlet. [;)]

I'm working on one for Nats this year myself, but it may be next year before she is ready. The Amerigo Vespucci, Italian 74 gun sailing ship, built in 1930. I thought it would be kind of cool as a convoy ship.

[​IMG]

20. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

That would be the best convoy ship ever! Make the sails out of something that bbs will go through. It will be fun to watch them get shot up.