Looking for Yamato plans

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by MasterDeepFog, Mar 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

hi everyone I am looking for plans for the Yamato. Mostly looking for the rib designs as I’m going to build her out of wood and needed some help thanks in advance

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Strike has plans available. The George Goff plans are not the best quality, but there is a second option for the plans on their page

http://www.strikemodels.com/products/ship-plans/

You planning on fighting her? they're utter beasts, and from what I gather, utter beasts to build. there's a group near you that has a lot of experience with major combatants, so I'd definitely get with them.

3. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

One day she will battle but I know it’s going to take a lot of hours before shes ready for war haha thanks for the information. Do you know of any plans in PDF format as I’m trying to get her started within a few days (I plan to print the plans once I change them to scale)

4. Anvil_x

nah bro. just those ones. Profile Morskie has pdf plans and they're high quality, but not of Yammer. a lot of the BB/BC plans they have would make for excellent starter boats though. I Highly recommend getting with those guys out of Annapolis. maybe one of them has a copy of them on hand. I know there is at least one Yamato driver within driving distance of you

5. Anvil_x

If you're dead set on going the wood route, welcome to the weirder corner of the hobby. there are a bunch of wood hull build threads showing some of the trials and tribulations, including my latest build.

6. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

Hahaha I feel like it will be fun to work on her from every step and I’ve been reading those post as well as still reading them to be honest I’m going to keep looking for plans for her but I will be checking out those you mentioned as well

7. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

If you really want detail there is an anatomy of the ship series on the Yamato

8. MasterDeepFog

MasterDeepFog Member

I will definitely look into that thank you

9. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

10. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

If you get a fiberglass Yamato hull, it can double as a sled for kids under five or so!

11. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

I have a set of plans for that ship, if you are intreinterested chat me in private.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019