Looking forward to this season

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hello all, I don't have any time now and since I can't start a thread at work, I am simply going to start this thread with a call out to all Captains to post their ships that will be on the water this year. I'll start with Scharnhorst and the Battlecarrier ISE.
    J

2. Jay Jennings

There are two upcoming shows in addition to the Shearwater show.
    One is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic show, the weekend of April 18 & 19 from 10 to 5. There is a dinner and drink thing at the end of the day on Sat. at the Dragon Buffet, and the price is very reasonable, I have been to the Bayers Lake one and it was good. They are also paying for parking for both days. A more aggressive advertising program is planned so the word should get out there and hopefully bring in more people. I need to know who is willing to attend, I realise it is very close to the Shearwater show, but it is another venue to show our stuff just before we get battling. The sooner I know ASAP so we can hopefully get a good spot.

The other show is a smaller, one day event. The Wings of Wellington RC club mall show. It is on Sat. Mar 28 in New Minas. Again, if anyone is willing to attend this show I need to know ASAP.

Feel free to e-mail or call me for details if you like, the contact list is available from Chris Easterbrook. If you don't have my info, post it here and I will PM you.

Lastly, do we have any idea when the website will have data on it? It would be very helpful to have a site to send people to at the shows. Here is another thought, does anyone, who is coming to the shows, have a laptop with wireless connection? We could actually show people what the site and the forum looks like. I am posting this in the NABS forum as well. Time is a wasting people, LMK.

J

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Jay,
    I'll be at the Shearwater Show with IRCWCC and Treaty format ships, including the light carrier IJN Ibuki, which will be under construction (detailing) during the show. I'll have 3-4 hulls and 2-3 completed models for sale.
    I'm not sure about the MM show. I think the first 2009 run of the Atlantic Vintage Motorcycle Society is that Saturday (the 18th), weather permitting. I might be able to attend the show on Sunday with the same ships as for the Shearwater Show. I hope the MM show is better advertised this year. It was a waste of our time the last time NABS attended - virtually no advance advertising and the worst attendance I'd seen in a decade.
    Bob

4. Jay Jennings

I heard the same thing, but would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    J

5. Jay Jennings

Hi again all.
    Do I have anyone willing to give me a hand at the Maritime Museum show?
    How about the New minas show? Website update?
    Knowledge is power people and time is running out.
    Please let me know ASAP, as the coordinators of these shows are waiting for replies.
    J

6. Jay Jennings

Hi again, this is the same thing I posted in the NABS forum wrt the MMotA show:

got a reply from John Green, the man in charge of MMotA show wrt us being stuck on the second floor, I mentioned it was not good for us. I am pasting it here for all to read.

"I am at a loss as to why the guys would be concerned. It has been several years since we had any tables upstairs. We had an older man who co-ordinated our shows for a couple of years way back when, and he had a propensity to do that sort of thing.....Not me, brother. I have already made a NEW scaled floor plan of the lower or main floor of the Museum, onto which, I have placed appr. 100 tables, each scaled 6-footers, in a properly spaced layout that would work well for both Exhibitors and Visitors to the showcase. We have chairs available for each exhibitor to sit on and they will be placed with the tables before the guys arrive to set up for the show either Friday late afternoon or on Saturday AM early.

I am ahead of the game in that respect, having participated in shows where tables were set up on the Mezzanine floor with less than proper results. We want all the guys to be in the middle of things and to be able to relate to other exhibitors during the showcase, and, of course, better enjoy themselves.

We do have a display planned for the 2nd floor, but it is one of our guys who has a large diorama in the 2nd floor model repair shop and, we will have proper signeage to direct visitors to that location. That is the only exception and it was done as he requested that spot. Please advise how many people would wish to appear and also indicate how many tables, in total, your group will need, as soon as possible, so I can co-ordinate the display. I will pre-allocate tables so as to totally avoid confusion at set-up time. There will be a person at the main desk to greet you and direct you to your display area."

I would like to attend, it would be good to get some more exposure, but I cannot do the whole thing on my own. I hope that some one(s) will give a hand. Thanks,
    J

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Unless work beckons me I will be there

8. Jay Jennings

Outstanding, thanks allot Paul!
    J