Looking to recruit in northeastern MA:

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by Captain_K, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Captain_K

Captain_K Member

Hello, I may be getting a group of three to five guys together to start building some Allied ships. I already have 3 ships started. When we get better organized what is the procedure to join the NETF?

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Welcome. Have you been in contact with Dave Simmons? I think he is the only active battler in Massachusetts now. I'm from Newbury, and my folks still live there, but I live in DC now. There isn't much of a procedure to join a local group, but you would have to join the IRCWCC (parent club) and NAMBA (insurance) in order to battle. What ships have you started?

3. Captain_K

Captain_K Member

I have Northhampton 50% complete, just laid down ribs and keel for Enterprise and am 25% complete with a Nautilus hull. Got one guy interested in building Massachusetts and another in building Chicago or Portland. I have one other interested party who would captain a ship but not build one. We have agreed to build a Fuso or a Naginata for local target practice / loaner if things really get going well.

4. Captain_K

Captain_K Member

Replace Naginata with Nagato... auto spell screwup.

5. Kevin P.

Very cool. Again I would recommend contacting Dave if you haven't already to see some completed ships in person. The closest battles to MA will probably be in upstate NY in the spring time. Do you have any questions about the hobby?

6. Captain_K

Captain_K Member

Sorry, got sidetracked with my Nautilus thread. I guess my big question is how many ships/captains exist in N.E.T.F?

We are now 3 builders strong. Looks like its definitely going to be USS Massachusetts being added to the commissioned list. Not sure about our 2nd Heavy Cruiser but I'm hoping it will be another Northampton class. If our 4th member can get funding from congress (aka permission from wife) he wants to build USS North Carolina.

7. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Many of the captains of the N.E.T.F have move out of the area, Nearest active Captain is in Upstate New York, I believe. Go to the IRC website to keep up with the battle sites for the coming year. www.ircwcc.org

8. Kevin P.

Going back to my first response, the only active battler in Mass is Dave Simmons, have you been in contact with him? I don't think he uses this site, but I could get his contact information if you don't have it yet. Sounds like you have a solid group together in your area. As Marty mentioned the closest battle this coming season will probably be in upstate NY, about 4 hours from the north shore.

9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Hey I just got my dad a hull and he's going to need some help putting it together/battling etc. He's up in Dudley MA.
    is NETF back in action? if so, he'll be getting the hull for christmas and will probably start showing up for build parties etc after the new year

10. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Looking forward to seeing your fleet on the water from MAG (Maryland Attack Group)

11. Jason Boulanger

Jason Boulanger Captain (Supporter)

hello, im from west springfield ma, Im just getting into this hobby, I will have a ship ready by beginning of august, but either way if you guys are getting together close to me even if I wasnt ship ready Id be interested in going.