Low Profile Cannons for resin 1.0

A low-profile 3d-printable cannon, suitable for resin printing instead of FDM

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Kotori87 submitted a new resource:

Low Profile Cannons for resin - A low-profile 3d-printable cannon, suitable for resin printing instead of FDM

Read more about this resource...

2. Prussian

Prussian Member

Kotori87
    We meet at NATS Oakboro 2021. Your Schleswig-Holsten is a great little BB. These guns should be perfect in my Lil Sharny alomg with your rotate setup.
    I gave you my card with my contact information. Drop me a line so I can contact you off line with questions.

3. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

I picked up a resin printer a little while ago and have printed a couple of your LPC guns with it. I'm looking forward to printing and trying this one.

What specific resign are you using? I'm doing most of my stuff with Elegoo ABS like grey. It is initially pretty nice but seems to get more brittle over time. I have also used eSun ABS like resin in black. It is stronger but the smell is terrible. Next I plan to try a 50/50 mixture of the Elegoo ABS like with some Siraya Tech Blu.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't know. I asked a friend to print a few cannons a few months ago, when I was trying to diagnose a feed issue with an earlier version. I only fired a couple hundred rounds through it, and haven't done anything with it since. I have no idea how long they'll last. If you have a FDM printer, I would recommend using that instead. The current batch of cannons in my PDNs are two years old and have fired thousands of rounds in a wide variety of conditions.

5. Prussian

Prussian Member

Kotori87
    Received the files you sent of the guns, would you send me the barrel fill so I can start print complete sets.?
    Thanks