LST-542

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Klems, May 22, 2008.

1. Klems

Klems Member

Oh man, I had a blast! I was on the destroyer USS Forrest Sherman and we ran joint operations with the Ecuadorian, Peruvian, and Chilean navies.
    I was with the deck crew most of the time so my life was filled with running lines everywhere, dealing with the anchor and inflatable boats and even refueling the helo.
    I had a blast hanging with the enlisted crew and firing the 5-inch deck gun. We even fired off two missiles which was a rarity as they are pretty expensive. Heck, they even let me drive the thing, lol.

Here's the photo album: Visit this site

Sounds good, on the hull, I can help you out with anything you need. And yeah, I love the PVC sheets. See, I hate working with wood and this stuff is pretty damage resisitant and doesn't leave a mess. Best part, you can cut it with an X-acto knife for cleaner cuts.

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Wow, a destroyer man, thats great. Sounds like you had yourself one heck of a time. Very nice pictures, very nice indeed. Do you happen to have the plans, that would be really nice to get my hands on. And yea, thats great, never thought of using PVC sheets.