Lynchburg Maker Faire

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Battle Group' started by bmarkb, Mar 20, 2022.

1. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Brian is our POC for the Maker Faire event at Lynchburg College on Sunday, April 4th.

This is a great opportunity to meet other people who might be interested in our hobby or who might have useful tips or information. Our club is featured prominently on the event’s website.

I think each of us should bring a table or two, a pop up shade if you have one, our boats, and tools to work on the boats. In addition, I think we should have:

A sign, business cards, and tri-fold pamphlets - Tom, I think you have most of this, will you take charge

A laptop that could run a string of videos and pictures. There are a number of fun YouTube videos of Big Gun, and we can all contribute pictures. Would anyone like to put this together? I can contribute content but don’t have a laptop.

Extension cords

Snacks, drinks, ice chest

What else do you all think? What other suggestions? Who is coming?

Brian, do you have any schedule information for us?

I intend to drive up Saturday night and get a hotel room in Lynchburg.

2. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Thank you all for a successful Maker Faire day in Lynchburg!

B7039B6E-1EEC-4F65-B232-9EFE69547683.jpeg A84CA1BF-A20D-4F64-99E1-9441A5030F9D.jpeg E7E44197-77F7-45D9-8545-E5CA636E141A.jpeg E2B6032F-FEC3-4444-BBC4-3039947654B0.jpeg I think Tom did a great job putting together promotional material; Chris was our outstanding hands-on demonstration master who coordinated with Tom to make a lot of things come together; Eric did a great job boosting morale and being generally helpful; and I think the star of the show was Sarah, who mastered our spiel and made a lot of people happy running the firing demonstration. The most thanks goes to Brian for getting us signed up and assigned the best spot at the Faire, as well as being the most effective prospective pond proponent.

I enjoyed seeing all of you and had a great time!

Nibbles1 and darkapollo like this.