Maker Faire 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by Kotori87, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Greetings all,

The Western Warship Combat Club will be hosting a 2-day Big Gun combat event at Maker Faire 2009, at the San Mateo Event Center in San Mateo, California. Everyone on this forum is invited to attend and to participate.
    • Date: May 30 and 31, 2009
    • Venue: A dedicated robotic warship combat arena with a 30' x 60' combat pool
    • Spectators: Restricted to 500 per event, most of whom will be in bleachers
    • Safety: Pool protected by 6' plastic shielding; spectators all wear safety glasses; entry into the arena requires one of 500 tickets per battle.
    • Discounted Maker Faire tickets available for friends and family (contact event coordinator privately)
    • Supplied: Electricity, work tables, secure pit environment, secure combat area, secure storage at night
    • Required: NAMBA membership. If you do not have a Big Gun ship, we will have a few loaners available
    • Cost for Big Gun participants: Free (Must arrange to participate in advance. Contact event coordinator privately.)
    • Accommodations: Plenty of hotels and motels within 20 minutes driving time
    • contact event coordinator at rwood (at) hypergold (dot) com
    Last year was a huge event, with thousands of people watching over a two-day period. I hope some of you will be able to make it - I had a blast last year, and I'd love to share the experience!

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Boy I wish I could attend that event. Looking forward to the pic from this event.