Maker Faire New York State

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by shakeyboba, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

It has finally happened. Maker Faire is coming to New York State. We need to get all of the New York and south fast gun clubs to partisipate in battles at Maker Faire. It is my idea to have on a rotating basis a fast gun battle , then a treaty battle, then a Big Gun battle. When you are not battling you are displaying your format, repairing your ship for the next battle , ETC This way we can encourage the developement of the hobby. What we need is to have a point person from each format to get the discussion going now to get things going for September.
    Bob Allen
    Empire State Battle Group

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Bob
    I will pass the info around and see if we can drum up some more support.
    That is very good news.
    Mikey

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Sweet! That does sound like a great way to promote the hobby and battle in front oh huge crowds, gaining fortune and fame. Girls will be flocking to us...

But in all seriousness sounds great I'd like to be involved on the fast gun side.

4. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

I live about 4 miles from the Site, (1964-65 World Fair), BB's and BB guns are
    not looked on with a high regard in New York City.

That being said, the park that it is in has several ponds that would
    be totaly suitable to battle in, I would be glad to help in any
    way I could,

Carlo

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That's great to hear! When will it be? Where will it be? Feel free to ask any questions you may have of me and any other WWCCers on this forum. We've battled for two years at the California Maker Faire, and we'd be glad to share our experiences with you. We're actually trying out a new method of building our pond this year. I'm at school right now, but I'll try to get some photos when the pond gets built.

Good luck, and good hunting... I mean recruiting.

6. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

http://www.makerfaire.com/

Here is a link.
    Mikey

7. Mark

Mark Active Member

will be there! not going to bring the yamato do to size but will bring some subs and destroyer. talked to one of the other guys and he's comming too (bringing armed transport) maybe more will come as time passes, the fair doesn't start until sept 25-26

8. Kotori87

Hey Mark, you should bring the Yamato. Maker Faire isn't a combat event for the sake of combat, it's a combat event for the sake of recruiting. And nothing recruits new members like great big battleships! Just think: if your Yamato sinks at Maker Faire in front of thousands of spectators and dozens of cameras and camcorders, it'll be famous! Especially if it drags a number of puny Allied boats down with it :)

9. Mark

Mark Active Member

It's not that I don't want to bring it but the fair is being held in Queens, its bad enough driving in that city with just a car but it would be a hazard pulling a trailer. I've driven there before and had to deal with those crazy taxi drivers (even road in a few) and I will not risk that boat getting cracked up

10. Kotori87

Bah humbu... oh. That's a pretty good reason. I never even considered the dangers of driving. I've driven through San Francisco for boat regattas at Golden Gate Park, but I've heard that's tame compared to NYC traffic.

11. shakeyboba

shakeyboba Member

Let me clarify this , This is not an event you just show up to and battle. This is an event put on by you , maned by you, the pond is built by you the displays are your recruiting area after a battle. You need to get with other formats to organize this and see if there is enough interest to even have a battle pond.Then you need to look at the plans in the photo section of Yahoo Big Gun, there is a material list, plans, photos. This is a lot of work just to get more interest started. Let me stress this point ALL FORMATS NEED TO WORK TOGEATHER OR IT WONT GET DONE.

12. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I will not post my same comments twice.
    See mine about the Makers faire in California Makers Faire Announcements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.