Malaya

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by bayruun, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Craig, Call me tonight.

2. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

There, just reminded you.

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Don't forget.....LOL

4. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Did you remember Craig.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

6. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

The security certificate is expired for the email that I have set up for these forums... I change it so it should work better now I hope. Guess you forgot Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Nope. Sent from the forums ..... :p

ANyways.... there is a new captain and there is half the money for warspite sitting here.... so I will send to Curt once I have his email. Deal completed and money exchanged hands an hour ago.

8. bayruun

bayruun Member

Aye, figures that I'd finally break down and purchase her. Now it's a lot of hands-on work to get everything back in order.

I'm thinking of making a mini-documentary about the repair of the ship and her first sorties. Of course, I'm not interested in hogging the limelight, and I'd gladly follow the other builds going on here in Fredericton as well. Once I've got all of the shots I need, I'll tie them up in a (hopefully) nice package and see where I can send it. Maybe it will lead to a larger and more professional project, but that would take a lot of luck...

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hey Bob2, I am alllllll for that. Joint Project? Pool Resources? Dynamite in your ship? What....errrr.... sorry that was a little kipper of me. BTW. Sir. How is Mushashi doing? Heard she doesn't like Barracudas! Will and I mopped that battleship clear to Davy Jones locker!!!! So ummmmmmmmmm rematch? Bring Bill!

:)

10. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Thanks to all the gang in Freddy. Maybe, if the ship gods are on my side I can get the new Malaya before xmas and get here new paint job done.

11. bayruun

bayruun Member

Ah, so you're building a new Malaya -- seems I shall have to rename my QE -- HMS Valiant it is!

12. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Can't wait til they are both on the water and destroying the axis fleet together. I have a set of plans for her if you need them.

13. bayruun

bayruun Member

Sounds great, I believe I need some. By the way, any tips for building her?

14. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I will copy them on Friday but I will need your address. Email it to me and I will send them. The only tip I can give you is to listen to Craig, Chris and all the other veteran members. I tried to do that ship on my own and it didn't workout for me.

15. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good advice Chuck, we'll try to steer Bob2 the right way. Bob2... are you still good to go for Thursday? We are clear after noon, I can pick you up. I need to do some resining so I hope it will be good that day for that. I have left over fiberglass from cutting out Graf.... I wonder if we can do jigger work to yours to get her right..... hmmmmmm German parts on an English ship..... Excellent!

16. bayruun

bayruun Member

Sure, I'm good for Thursday.

17. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hey Bob could you get here by bus as the car died this am and is in the shop. It maybe done by Thursday but who knows, just trying to plan around it just in case.

18. Craig

Craig Active Member

Give us a call tommorrow night just to find out Bob.

19. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

How did the build day go last week. Did ya get much done.

20. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Chuck Bob and I fixed the ribs and windows, the hull was sanded inside and out to get it ready for fiberglassing. The only thing left to do is to add the two pieces of fiberglass to the hull and cut out the windows behind the casements, then we are waiting on parts We might order what we all need in the coming months. Another hour or so and the hull will be ready to go.