Maritime Museum of the Atlantic show

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Jay Jennings, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am posting this in both forums.
    The Maritime Museum show is this weekend, should be good according to the organiser. The modellers are running the show again :), so there won't be a repeat of years past. We are in the middle with our tables in a circle so we will be seen from every direction.
    There is a dinner on Saturday night. It will be either at the Chinese place across the street or at the Triangle. What John Green was saying the Triangle is willing too shut down for the night except for the modellers, which we are part of. Should be fun.
    I need to know who is going to be able to lend a hand, please post here if you are able to come down and when. Thanks,
    J

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Jay,
    I'll be at the 'Biker Bash' motorcycle show on Saturday but plan to be at the museum show Sunday from noon to closing.
    Bob

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

My flight goes out at 6:30am tomorrow, I'll be spending the next 28 days cruising the Grand Banks, See you all when I return.

4. Ian

Ian Member

i was also going to mention the biker bash... you riding there Bob?

5. Bob Pottle

Hi Ian,
    My rebuilt and modernized '74 Norton Commando Interstate was displayed at the Biker Bash two years ago by Cook's Classic Rebuilds. I hoped to display my '79 Triumph Bonneville this year, but it's been at Gary Cook's shop for it's first oversize cylinder rebore and a lower end rebuild. When I was at the shop Saturday Gary was getting ready to install the new pistons. There's still a lot of work to be done on engine reassembly and a few more modern upgrades so it may not be ready in time for the show.
    Due to the unusually cold weather the Norton is still in storage.
    Bob

6. Jay Jennings

An update for the show, there will be guys on duty to direct us to our tables. The Saturday dinner is right after the show shuts down for the day at 5 PM. Parking passes are available for all of us at the Museum front desk, and will be issued on arrival. Things sound pretty good, it should be a good show (I hope!!!)
    I am posting this in both forums.
    J

7. Jay Jennings

Hey Ian, will Hood be available for the show?
    J

8. Jay Jennings

I forgot to mention that the Museum will be ready to start setting up by about 1430, Friday afternoon. I will be there then and begin the setup.
    J

9. Ian

Ian Member

hood is always available, i'll find out my schedule tomorrow then update herewhen i get home from work

10. Jay Jennings

Excellent. Another update, the doors open for us at 0800 on Sat. I am still waiting to here what time the show opens to the public.
    J

11. Ian

Ian Member

just found out i'm not duty on the weekend, i'll be able to bring hood friday, then i'll go to the biker bash sat, don't know when, i'll be available after i'm done.. or before.. depends, then i'll be available all day sunday if required

12. Jay Jennings

Sounds good, areyou going to the dinner on Sat night?
    J

13. Ian

Ian Member

ok, am going to the bike show for the afternoon, will be available sat morning if required, what time is the dinner?

14. Jay Jennings

The dinner is after the show shuts down at 1700. The doors open for us at 0800 and for the public at 1000. I can definately use the help.
    J

15. Ian

Ian Member

what time will they close for setting up on friday?

16. Jay Jennings

I am not sure. Send me your phone # via private message and I will call you when I get that info, likely won't call until tomorrow afternoon when I am at the museum.
    J

17. Bob Pottle

Jay,
    I'm still correcting the stern shape on the upper hull plug but will finish tonight and bring the I-400 plugs to the show Staurday AM.
    Bob

18. Jay Jennings

Cool, see you then.
    J

19. Jay Jennings

Well, the show is done and a good time was had by all!! The turn out was good, we had about 10,267,321 people come through, fired off 18,295 6,000 count jugs of BBs, spent 4270 lbs of CO2 and gave out about 4,583,002 contact info cards. OK maybe we didn't have that many, but the number of people who talked to us about the hobby and seemed generally interrested was higher than at the Shearwater show. We were in the centre of the main display room, with 7 tables in a U shape. with a TV/Video combo on both sides anf the new firing box at the end, everyone who passed by were exposed to RC Naval Combat. We also have Steve Crane's laptop playing some really choice video clips from both here and in the States.

Saturday saw Ian (who was the first of us there both days), Steve Crane, Mack, Dave (our newest member) and myself all day. Ralph came by in the morning and again in the afternoon, Bob dropped by with the I-400 plug.
    Sunday had Ian, Steve Crane, Steve Hill, Mack and his son Malcolm, Ralph and myself all day. Dave and Bob came by at lunch time for the rest of the day. The firing box was going both days, both bottles ( 9 oz & 12 oz) were refilled 8 or 9 times each and my transmitter battery was dead by the end of each day. We had a few very serious inquiries about the hobby and club so we shall see what comes of it. I know Mac was taking pics and I'll try to get him to post some. John Green told me that the front desk had many very positive comments about the display and the persons manning it. John also told me that we have been slotted in for next year and they are going to space the show a little farther away from the Shearwater show. I would like to thank everyone.

J

20. themackster2

themackster2 New Member

Just a quick note to say that I posted some pix of the show a bit further up under the
    "North Atlantic Battle Squadron" listing.

Mack