May 21,22,23 (Bismark engagement Battle) MICHIGAN REGIONAL

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Panzer, Apr 6, 2021.

1. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Looking forward to battling at a new to me lake and with a slightly different group of guys. Don't have the hotel room set up yet...payday is Friday :laugh:

Really need to get the turbo back in the truck...May 20 departure is gonna be here sooner than I'd like.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

There is no Louisiana event in May.

3. Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler Well-Known Member

Probably worried about rain, cold weather maybe snow this year:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

I can't figure those guys out either.
    They would rather drive to N. Carolina for NATS then Michigan??

5. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

(I was referring to the event back in like feb or march when a whole mob of em went down)

6. Anvil_x

if Midway's jammed, the Super 8 isn't bad. I'm gonna make my reservations this weekend at that Lakeside campground place.

7. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

It’s most likely because they have a battle the week after the Michigan date, not based on location. When there are many events near the same time and in relative close proximity, there will be fewer attendees at each.

8. Anvil_x

again, think aside from this particular instance.

I'll be at Chanhassen that next weekend. I'm aware. I've talked with the PPB guys multiple times about doing a big trip to MI and there's no interest.

9. kgaigalas

Ya, I wonder why the put there event on top of ours (Memorial day weekend)

10. Anvil_x

I don't think that was intentional, we usually have a Memorial Daye Weekend battle in Chanhassen.

it's how I wound up being in town when the George Floyd killing video came across the evening news. Just ate my burger real quick, wished my army buddy Good Luck, and drove back to Wisconsin at a reasonably swift speed before the highways got closed.

But there just isn't anybody interested over there. which is a bummer, because the Chanhassen pond is a close quarters melee, and I'd like to see how they'd do when they had to fight with a bit of elbow room like you have in Saranac.

Leave Request submitted, Oil Change is scheduled, and I'm gonna spend this weekend packing and organizing. just gotta call the campground folks here in a bit.

Evan Fowler likes this.
  11. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Depth of pond

12. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

when I started back in 01-02 the big Memorial Day battle was at Brays in Arkansas. The he sold his pond and it moved to Springfield MO. The the parks people made it hard to battle there so we it moved to Engler MO. it was nice having the battle central as it had all the guys from the north MN/MI to TX and even the east GA/FL guys drove over.
    After Kevin K stopped hosting us MN guys started hosting for Memorial Day weekend. But we’re a little far north for TX guys.
    I’m not a big fan of the MI pond. I can battle 2min from my house with 10-15 guys. I don’t need to drive 12hours to battle with the same number or less.

13. Anvil_x

well yeah, fair point on the distance. and no exaggeration on it being 2 minutes from your house.

I'll have to seriously look at the weather for the Chanhassen battle, Bob. it's too hot to leave the dog in the truck, and I don't have anybody to watch him. I was thinking of building like a BB-proof kennel with screen armor on the battle-facing side.......

I defs have to look at getting an awning of some kind this year. I'll check the hardware store today.

But. Back to the GLAS-travaganza: I just bought a second transmitter, so if Texas needs to be a Loaner................ just gimme a heads up. I know the Dodge guy that has been working on his Bayern has been having a ton of trouble. they'll just be limited to like three or four sorties due to my battery situation. I can keep Idaho or Texas in action for three full battles and possibly more, but only have enough batteries for a full day on Idaho, and half a day on Texas if I split between them.

14. Anvil_x

Oh. Taking requests on Brats.

Bacon Brats were a hit with PPB. there are like 30 other flavors. I can bring them frozen, then we can like boil them at Kas' house and grill them pondside

15. kgaigalas

I understand, that is why I just moved our event.
    also in 2020 that date was open.
    I guess we know why:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  16. kgaigalas

I guess you know I consider it a puddle.:)

17. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I've been warned about depth of pond, etc, by other captains, but I'm in this hobby to travel and battle. @Panzer and @kgaigalas (for better or worse... ;)) travel all over to events, I figured it was time I returned the favor.

Justin Ragucci and kgaigalas like this.
  18. Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler Well-Known Member

Sweet looking forward to beers and stories. Any requests?

19. Anvil_x

it's legit not bad. like I get people like to keep their wading to like knee-deep, but it's crystal-clear, and you have plenty of freedom-of-maneuver to be able to bring your boat back to the shallow area for an unceremonious sink in 2 ft of water next to the dock.
    But my boats both have a "Tell" when their pumps start to lose the race with the incoming water, so..... I can see that being a problem if yours just go from fighting gallantly to sinking gloriously in a matter of seconds.

darkapollo likes this.
  20. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Are you going to have your diving gear Kas? For those that sink in the middle, like me?