MBG Rules

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by aroeske, Nov 24, 2006.

1. aroeske

aroeske Member

The current MBG rule can be downloaded at Visit this site if anyone is interested.

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    After the Toledo show next weekend, I will get with Phil S.
    and see about scheduling the first battle for the year, and post something.
    I am also considering creating a yahoo group for the MBG so
    that we have a place where we can all post some pictures and such.
    Phil A. and I have been working on our ships, but mainly just
    trying to concentrate on the cosmetics for Toledo. After that we will be getting them battle ready.
    At the first event, we can address any rule proposals, or we could just leave the rules alone for the year as we didn't have a rules meeting prior to the battles.
    So for the time being, we need to get past Toledo, then schedule our first battle, and then create a schedule for the rest of the year.
    Mikey

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

We have a photo gallery on the MBG site... Why not use that? Moreover, Why not the photo gallery on rcnavalcombat?

Also, we have a site that no one is updating. I have given the username and password out several times but no one has updated anything. IT can all be done by logging in through your browser.

4. froggyfrenchman

Well. I thought the old rules were posted here.
    I will see if I can dig them up.
    Mikey

5. Superarp

Superarp Member

What site?

6. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Is there a limit to the number of reloads a cruiser can carry? I saw there was a different weight factor for ships with single shot torpedo launchers, and that rate of fire for the reloads was 30 secs. Is there a maximum number of shots the torpedo cruiser can fire over the course of a battle?

8. froggyfrenchman

The MBG did not limit the number of re-loads on torps. Just a rate-of-fire. 30 seconds between shots.
    That made for simple ships to maintain, that generated lots of fun.
    Mikey

9. froggyfrenchman

The Maryland class battleships had the same armor belt as the Nevada class (according to Conway's), so that is over 12". Which would allow her to have 1/8" balsa sheeting.
    Mikey

10. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Excellent, that's what I was hoping. I think that the Chikuma should have enough room to fit in torpedo launchers in addition to a treaty main battery. Assuming I get her complete, I'd like to hit up a biggun battle with you and Phil out there in the midwest, or maybe play in both treaty and biggun at a multi format event. Could be fun!

11. Superarp

Superarp Member

I'm building a U.S Maryland and is wondering how to build the hull....I have plans, but they don't say how to cover it.....can someone please help me?

12. froggyfrenchman

Send me an e-mail at.
    MDeskin@aol.com with your phone number, and I will call you Monday evening, to discuss hulls.
    There are some pretty good hull write-ups on this site that will help explain it in detail.
    Mike M's Bearn build is very well done. It is in the ship plans area.
    Check that out.
    Mikey

13. froggyfrenchman

In the ship plans area is the write-up about Mike M's Bearn build.
    I just bumped it up to the top page.

It has been a while since I read the entire post. Even longer since I last read the MBG rules package.
    The one thing that I think is different under the construction rules is that in fast-gun you are allowed a given percentage of hard area along the hull (15% I think). With up to 1" solid in the stern, and up to 2" solid in the bow. The rest of the ribs can be spaced according to the builders battling style as long as they are not too wide.
    In MBG.
    You are allowed more hard area in the bow and stern. Then the rest of the ribs need to be spaced according to how wide they are.
    1/8" ribs can be no closer together than 1" center-to-center.
    1/4" ribs can be no closer together than 2" center-to-center.
    3/8" ribs can be no closer together than 3" center-to-center.
    Mikey

14. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Double-check if the ribs are measured center-to-center or inside-edge-to-inside-edge. In the WWCC, rib spacing is measured inside-edge-to-inside-edge, while some other clubs measure center-to-center. The difference is noticeable, so make sure you get it right. If you're not sure, err on the safe side and go with inside-edge-to-inside-edge spacing.

15. Superarp

Superarp Member

Thanks. I will see if my father will let me do the phone thing, froggy, but I have to wait till he gets back from a buisness trip. I understand it better now, and the planes I have have 2 inch front, 1 inch back.

16. Superarp

Superarp Member

*plans, not planes.....Sorry

17. Aleutia

Aleutia New Member

I can't read the rules it says there is no page can be found can someone please copy/paste and email it to me? My emails elitedude7@gmail.com

18. froggyfrenchman

Bummer.
    It was hard to find the old MBG rules in the past. Well, until someone posted a link to them on here.
    So to be honest. I am not sure where one would find them on-line.
    Mikey

19. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

I think I have a copy of the MBG Rules that were posted at one time. I will have to hunt around for it, but I'm sure i still have an electronic copy of it somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion on where / how to upload them to a place thats easily accessible to the masses??

20. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Hey Chris, I found the MBG Rules in PDF format, and have forwarded the to the email you left.