Media and the Bismarck

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Jul 5, 2013.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

While waiting for my wife at the docs office I figured I salvage my day by sailing Bismarck at the nearby lake. A local TV crew well cameraman was setting up his camera on the shoreline . I noticed he had it pointing in Bismarck's direction so I fired the cannons and activaged the bilge pump sailed around and put on a little show. He didnt' speak to me directly, just packed up the camera and left the area. Later I was watching the 6:30 news weather segment and the first scene was Bismarck stationed firing it's cannons and voice over commentary that said " The Canadian Navy was attacked by a Fleet of Ducks today !....Just Kidding. Then the weather segment continued. I laughed my head off . If the cameran had zoomed in any closer he would have noticed the Flag from the mast was the Kreigsmarine Ensign flag.
    That was the highlight of my washed out day. After I got home as I was bringing Bismarck into the house down the hallway I turned to enter the room where it is stored and I struck the stern hard off the corner. It put a finger size hole where the stern anchor used to be stowed through the hull. That day had it's share of ups and downs for sure.

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

What station? I wonder if they have any archives online. That's great!

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I saw the clip. It was on our local CBC show 'Here and Now' Weather I think the 2nd part of the show. I turned on the tv and it just appeared right there, Bismarck , ducks, and sunshine.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I found the link to the local news show for July 4th. Bis can be seen at the 1:25:06 or 09 mark. Near the end of the show. It followed a story at our city hall. The caption reads "Model Navy" .
    It's very short but at least it's there.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

At the 1:25:04 mark