Midwest Naval Combat Club schedule

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, May 12, 2012.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The Midwest Naval Combat Club is putting together our schedule for the year.
    Our next Treaty battle is scheduled for the weekend of June 2-3 at the Xenia, Ohio battle site. We are hoping to have a couple
    Battlestations boats on the water running sea trials as well.

We will be setting up a boat display at the R/C Dayton Days event in Dayton, Ohio on June 10.
    There is a pond that we can use for sailing around, but there will not be a battle at this event.
    Mikey

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey!
    That's so Cool!!! That a event you go to every year, right!
    Nikki

3. froggyfrenchman

Yes. The locals try to attend that event every year to support the local hobby shops.
    Phill and I were able to attend, and although I was able to take some photos of the event,
    I have not found the time to post them up so far. I have been too busy vacationing with the family down in S.C.
    We did manage to visit and tour the USS North Carolina. That was very cool.

We are still working on our calender for the rest of the year.
    I am hosting a build-session at my boat shop in Pleasant Hill, Ohio tomorrow.
    Treaty and Battlestations boats will be present. So we are hoping to get some up-to-date photos posted.

Looks like Roland will be having a battle up near Akron, Ohio in the next two or three weeks.
    Probably just a Treaty battle, as most of the Battlestations boats are not ready for combat.

The Dayton area folks are discussing dates for a possible battle in August. Probably at the Versailles, Ohio site.
    If this battle takes place, there will certainly be Treaty boats on the water. But we may also see some Battlestations boats as well.

The Dayton area folks are also looking at planning a big event at the Xenia, Ohio battle site probably on the weekend of September 7-9.
    Treaty battles for sure. But we are hoping to have our first Battlestations battle of the year as well.

We will post up-dates as to the future events.
    We may be displaying the boats again at Wegerzyn Gardens Metro-park in Dayton on August 25 for another Hobby shop event.
    And I will try to post the photos from the June 10 display in the near future.
    Mikey

4. froggyfrenchman

All
    The Dayton area folks have gotten the go-ahead from Tom for making the September event in Xenia, Ohio a 3-day battle.
    So the dates are September 7-9. That's a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    This will be our big event this year.
    Both Treaty and Battlestations will be there taking turns battling.
    Mikey

5. froggyfrenchman

The location for the August 18 battle has been changed to the Xenia battle site.
    It appears that the water level has dropped considerably at the Versailles site.
    Perhaps the frenchies would do better there now. Oh what could have been!
    Mikey

6. froggyfrenchman

All
    I am hosting a two-day build-session at my boatshop in Pleasant Hill, Ohio this Saturday and Sunday. The shop will open at 9am on both days, and we can stay into the evening if we like.
    So if anyone needs help getting their boats ready for the 3-day battle next weekend try to drop in if you can.
    If any of the new folks can drop in, you will be able to get an up-close look at a lot of different boats.
    We will be watching war movies, and chatting up the boats.
    The address is 108 Court Ave. Pleasant Hill, Ohio. 45395.

I am certain that there will also be a lot of horse-trading going on.
    There might be some used boats for sale as well.

I am not sure what is in store for me on Monday at this time. I may be able to build on Monday as well. I will post an up-date.

If anyone else is willing to host a build-session this weekend let us know. Having more than one build-session in our region may allow folks that can't attend this one to drop in elsewhere.

We have one week to get ready for the 3-day event in Xenia on Sept 7-9.
    Mikey

7. froggyfrenchman

The next battle is scheduled for next weekend Sept 7-9 at the Xenia, Ohio battle site.
    This is our annual event, and we have a thread started in this area for it.
    Mikey

8. froggyfrenchman

All
    I have been trying to put together a list of up-coming R/C swapmeets in our area, so that we can try to schedule some boat displays.
    Here is a list of what I have been able ot find so far.

Saturday Oct 20.
    Indianapolis, In.
    Cinci, Ohio.

Saturday Oct 27.
    Converse, In.

Sunday Oct 28.
    Greenville, Ohio.

For Saturday Oct 20, I would be more interested in going to Cinci.

For Saturday Oct 27, I might be able to attend the Converse event.
    I have never been there before. But it is in an interesting location.
    Not too terribly far from some of the folks in Ohio, and fairly close to the
    folks in Indiana. I would seriously consider making the trip out there if anyone
    else plans to attend.

For Sunday Oct 28, I will certainly be going to that event, as I grew up in Greenville, and will know a grunch of the folks there.
    We attended that event last year, and had a great showing. And we ate lunch afterwards at the made-rite. They have great burgers.

I will start putting together a list of events for November when I get a chance. But from what I have seen there are events in
    South Bend on Saturday Nov 3, and Akron on Saturday Nov 17.
    I am not sure about South Bend. But I might be able to attend.
    Akron I could probably do if anyone else is attending.

Let me know if anyone else in interested in attending the Oct events, and I
    will contact the hosts about tables and such.
    Now where is my new T-shirt?
    Mikey

9. froggyfrenchman

A couple/few of the locals will be attending the swapmeet in Harrison, Ohio tomorrow morning Oct 20 to display the boats.
    Then on Sunday we will be having a local battle at the Versailles, Ohio site.

Next weekend we may have a local battle on Saturday, and then display at the swapmeet in Greenville, Ohio on Sunday.
    Mikey

10. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Which formats? I do not have a treaty boat ready.

11. froggyfrenchman

Both format will be there. Treaty and Battlestations.
    Mikey

12. froggyfrenchman

All
    We are battling in Versailles, Ohio tomorrow.
    Several of the locals will be there for sure.
    It looks like rain up until around 10 am or so.
    So we plan to get there around 10 or a little later, and get started when the rain stops.
    Mikey

13. froggyfrenchman

We are setting up a boat display at the swap-meet in Greenville, Ohio today.
    The battling was great yesterday in Versailles. I got wet again.
    I know! I was shocked too. The old Jean Bart getting sunk is almost unheard of.
    Up-dates later.
    Mikey

14. froggyfrenchman

All
    Phil and I were able to attend the swapmeet yesterday and display the boats.
    We had four huge tables and a nice display if I do say so myself.
    Phil had his 96th scale Tashkent, and his Treaty Montcalm, Australia, Bismarck,
    and perhaps one more that I can't recall.
    I had my 96th scale Mogador, and my Treaty Le Terrible, Alaska, Hawaii,
    Richelieu, as well as the Cavour, Lutzow, Ohio, and a partially assembled
    Baltimore kit.
    I do not think that the turnout was as good as it was last year for this event.
    But we had a grand old time discussing the hobby with folks, and passing out
    fliers.
    We also had a chance to discuss the teams for next year, and how that might
    dictate what boats we might want to field in 2013.
    All-in-all, it was a great chance to relax and chat up the boats with some nice folks.
    I look forward to doing it again.
    Mikey

15. froggyfrenchman

All
    The weather looks pretty nice for next weekend.
    So we are looking at having a battle next weekend here in the Dayton area.
    I haven't heard back from Tom about the Xenia battle site.
    So we may end up using the Versailles site.
    I will post an up-date about which site we are planning to use.

In addition.
    I was thinking about trying out a campaign style battle on at least one of the days, where we have a start time, and an end time.
    Perhaps an hour, or two long.
    So bring your convoy ships if you have them.

I am not sure that my Battlestations boats will be on the water this time around. But we can have Battlestations battles as well as Treaty.
    Mikey

16. froggyfrenchman

All
    The battle this Saturday and Sunday will be at Tom's place in Xenia, Ohio.
    We plan to get started around 10am on both days.
    Address is..
    1880 Turner Rd
    Xenia, Ohio
    Mikey

17. froggyfrenchman

Heading out for Xenia.
    Looks like great battling weather.
    I imagine I will be doing at least a little swimming this weekend.
    Mikey

18. froggyfrenchman

We had a great weekend of battling in Xenia.
    On Saturday we had lots of battles with lots of boats on the water.
    Probably our best turnout so far this year. I am not sure if we broke the record for Treaty boats on the water, but I am certain that we broke our local MNCC record by a boat or two.
    There was certainly a lot of folks having a lot of fun running a lot of boats. When I called five and withdrew to the other side of the pond, I noticed that the shoreline was filled with folks all running boats and having great fun. Not a single spectator. Everybody battling.
    And we only had a single boat in the pit area that was not opperational. My Bearn. Which I was hoping to run. But I messed up the settings on my radio, and couldn't remember how to change them back.
    As it turned out, it didn't affect anything except for which boat I was running. But a bummer all the same. That would have been the battle to have the Bearn out there.

On Sunday, we had less folks show up. But we had more than enough boats to go around for everyone.
    And we had some new folks show up, so we were able to take the time to do some show and tell, and allow them to run boats around before the battle started.
    We had some great battles. I am not sure that it was always France against the world. But that seemed to be the case for the most part.
    Vance did really well running my Jean Bart. He was in the action a lot (sometimes the center of attention), and the old girl was not sunk all weekend.
    Marina only battled for a while on Saturday, and she ran the Richelieu. She did fairly well with it, and also didn't sink.
    I ran the Bart, Richelieu, and Lutzow, and didn't have to go swimming all weekend.
    The weather was great. Around 70 on both days. A little windy on Sunday.
    It was great seeing everyone that was able to attend. We were able to hang out with some old friends. Meet some new ones.
    Some of the locals were not able to battle this weekend. But we got a lot of support from folks that lent us boats, supplies, and such.
    Some were able to drop in and meet the folks for a little while, before they had to head out.
    I am sure that we will get some photos up shortly, as well as some battle reports.
    Thanks to all that supported the event. It was great.
    More later.
    Mikey

19. froggyfrenchman

Mark and I were able to attend a boat display in Springfield, Ohio on Saturday. And some of the locals went down to Mendelson's surplus on Sunday.
    I am not sure of any displays coming up in December. But we are trying to schedule a couple meetings, and some build-sessions.
    The displays really get started in January. We will post a schedule.
    Mikey

20. froggyfrenchman

Build-session tomorrow in Pleasant Hill, Ohio.
    Shop will be open around 9am.
    Mikey