Midwest Naval Combat Club schedule

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, May 12, 2012.

1. pba

pba Active Member

thats what we do

2. notSoGnarly

notSoGnarly Well-Known Member

You guys are only 8 hours north of me. I'm a fastgun guy down in GA. Do we know anyone who has converted a ship from fastgun to your treaty rules to play? I've skimmed them and it doesn't look terribly different, I'd just want to be in spec for that pond.

3. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I would be game to crash a treaty battle with some poorly converted IRCWCC ships, I have very close friends in Ohio :laugh:

notSoGnarly likes this.
  4. notSoGnarly

notSoGnarly Well-Known Member

Yeah man I figure why not? They are closer to me than yall's pond. Plus my home office is in Dayton so if I ever have to go up I'm going to try to run into the OH treaty crowd.

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Are first battle is in May,.
    nikki

6. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

We have had a couple of fast gunners battle with us. Ship construction is nearly identical, so the stuff below the balsa skin would not need to change. Pumps are based on GPM capacity rather than an orifice size so your pump needs an ESC that you can adjust. Speeds are also different, so an ESC on the drive motors would take care of that. Fishtail rudders are not allowed, so changing to a standard rudder might be needed. The last major difference is in guns. If you have really hard hitting guns you may need to de-tweek them so that the BBs don't pass through a piece of 2" foam.

7. NASAAN101

My dad was asking, the speeds and pumps are basic on the real ships right??

Also, do I have to have namba to run my convoy ship?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  8. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

The battle this Saturday, June 22nd, will start early so that we can avoid as much of the heat as possible. The first sortie will start at 8am and we will try to have our two battles in by noon

9. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

To make sure we are not waiting on captains to get ready, make sure you charge both the ship and radio batteries the night before, patch all holes at home, and function check the ship before loading it up.

Also, due to the shorter day, we will not be bringing food. So if you need snacks bring them. I will have some bottled water to make sure everyone can stay hydrated.

10. NASAAN101

See you all in setp.
    Nikki