Midwest Naval Combat Club schedule

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, May 12, 2012.

1. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    The ravanna one is march 2nd,
    Nikki

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Mark will be hosting our end-of-year get-together/club meeting at his shop in Beavercreek, Ohio on Saturday Jan 25.

And the locals have come up with some dates for the Dayton area battles for 2014.
    Denmark Straits event in Xenia, on Memorial Day weekend. May 24-26.
    Mikey's birthday bash in Versailles, on June 14-15.
    Versailles on July 4-6.
    Task-force 3 in Xenia, on Sept. 5-7.
    Versailles on Oct 11-12.
    Versailles on Nov 1-2.
    Mikey

3. froggyfrenchman

Our end-of-year get-together is next Saturday Jan 25 at Mark's.
    Sunday Jan 26 we will probably have some attend the swapmeet in Wapakoneta, Ohio to display the boats.
    Mikey

4. froggyfrenchman

Mark hosted our end-of-year get-together yesterday.
    Nikki, Bat, Matt, and I were able to attend.
    The weather was a mess, so some of the folks were not able to attend.
    It was great. We watched some stuff on Guadalcanal, and the Denmark Straits.
    We got some building done, chatted up the new battling season, and discussed some
    of the up-coming boat-displays.
    It looks like we will probably not attend the boat-display today up in Wapakoneta, Ohio due to the weather.
    Our next event is the huge swapmeet in Dayton, Ohio on Feb 8. We will be displaying the boats.
    Mikey

5. froggyfrenchman

It looks like a couple/few of the Daytona area folks will be making the trip up to Ravenna, Ohio on March 2 to display the boats at the R/C swapmeet with Roland and possibly Chris.
    Then we are also planning to attend the swapmeet in Fort Wayne, In. on March 8 to display the boats and pal around with Carl.
    Mikey

6. NASAAN101

Mikey,
    Who all is going, I'm trying to get a head count, so if we went to go out to lunch we can ok! :)
    Nikki

7. froggyfrenchman

Leaving shortly for the R/C swapmeet (boat-display) in Ravenna, Ohio today.

Yesterday I was able to drop in for the last half of the R/C tank battle in Urbana at the air museum.
    They let us set up a small boat-display.
    The tank battle was very cool. Much more interesting and fun than I was expecting it to be.
    And we passed out a few fliers for the warship battles.
    In addition.
    The tank folks are considering attending one of our warship battles this year to battle their tanks for us.
    Mikey

8. froggyfrenchman

Vance, Nikki, and I were able to attend the Ravenna, Ohio swapmeet today with Roland and display the boats.
    The weather probably kept some folks from attending, but there was still a lot of vendors there, and a pretty good turnout of the public.
    We had three tables full of boats. And lots of interest.
    Our next event is the swapmeet (display) next Saturday over in Fort Wayne.
    It looks like quite a few of the Dayton area folks will be making the trip to hang out with Carl and some of the Indiana folks.
    Mikey

9. froggyfrenchman

I rode up with Mark to the Fort Wayne, Indiana swapmeet today and helped Carl set up a boat display.
    We had a really nice collection of boats in both Treaty and Battlestations, as well as a grunch of books, plans, and such.
    It was a great time.
    A few of the old hands from the MBG dropped in to say hey, and chat up the boats a little. That was very cool.
    Time well spent.
    Mikey

10. NASAAN101

Mark,
    I hope two be there for the big two events, Denmark straits and TF-3..
    Nikki

11. froggyfrenchman

I was able to attend a new swapmeet near Cinci yesterday to set up a boat-display.
    A nice location, and pretty good turnout. I was able to reserve the last two tables, and was along the wall.
    It was a nice event to close out my boat-display season.
    I think I can say that I have been able to attend more boat-displays this year than in any that I can recall.
    It has been great fun making the road-trips up to the events with others, and also being able to see some of the
    folks that we normally only get to see during the battling season, when we travel up to their neck-of-the-woods
    to set up displays, and hang out.
    Due to my ability to attend so many displays, I am getting a late start on our build-sessions, but I am looking
    forward to settling in to that as well.
    Mikey

12. froggyfrenchman

Mark has posted the battle calender.
    We do not currently have any battles scheduled in April. The past two years the April battles were wet and cold.
    No boat-displays that I can find either.
    So hopefully there will be lots of building going on.
    (edit) got rid of a double-post.
    Mikey

13. froggyfrenchman

Our Denmark Straits event is coming up on Memorial Day weekend. May 24-26. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
    The three-day event will be at the Xenia, Ohio battle site.
    We currently have 15 Treaty boats listed on the database. We have four Battlestations boats on that database currently.
    And at some point the Treaty folks will re-enact the Battle of the Denmark Straits. Probably on Saturday.
    We will post more info.
    Mikey

14. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

Also, don't forget to renew your NAMBA membership before the battle. If you renew using PayPal, they will send you an email that can be used as proof of membership until your card arrives.

15. froggyfrenchman

All
    The Dayton area hobby shops are putting on their customer appreciation day event on Sunday June 8 at the Wegerzyn metropark.
    I will have to look into the times. But I think it runs from 11am until 5pm or something like that.
    It is a huge all-things R/C event, with cars, trucks, boats, planes, choppers.
    And perhaps the tanks as well.
    We generally set up a huge display. And there is a large pond that we can run around in. It's really deep, so we do not actually battle.
    Anyhow, there will be food there, but we need to know who all plans to attend in order to get our food tickets.
    So please speak up if you plan to drop in. And we will have one of the locals pick up all of the tickets.
    Mikey

16. froggyfrenchman

Our next Midwest battle is scheduled for June 14-15 at the Versailles, Ohio battle site.
    Mikey

17. froggyfrenchman

We have a 3-day battle scheduled the weekend of July 4-6 at the Xenia, Ohio battle location.
    Last year we scheduled this event as the clash of the titans.
    But currently we do not have this scheduled as a theme battle.
    And it might be a good thing to leave it as an open Treaty and Battlestations battle,as we have a lot of
    on-going projects under way in both formats, as well as the age of sail.
    So leaving it as an open event will allow us to field whatever Treaty, and Battlestations boats we have ready,
    while trying to make progress on the other projects.
    Mikey
    (Edit) Battle location changed to the Xenia, Ohio battle-site.

18. froggyfrenchman

The R/C event yesterday was somewhat of a rain-event. Due to high winds and then rain, the airplane folks got to spend some quality time bonding,
    but not a lot of time in the air. The sailboat folks had a pretty good turn-out, and got in lots of time on the water.
    Phil, Mark, Matt, Val, and I attended, and had a pretty nice combat warship display set up, with some of the tanks as well.
    But we kept it to just three tables in order to keep everything under the canopy. The tables were full of boats.
    We had a great time chatting up our hobby with the folks that stopped in to see what we were about, and also discussing all of the current ongoing
    projects that we have underway in the group.
    As always, it was time well-spent.

Our next event is a 2-day battle at the Versailles, Ohio location this coming weekend. June 14-15.
    We are hoping to get more Battlestations boats on the water this battle. And the Treaty turn-out looks promising as well.
    Mikey

19. froggyfrenchman

Address: 10203 Christian Road, Versailles, OH 45380
    Address for the battle this weekend in Versailles, Ohio.
    Saturday and Sunday. June 14-15.
    Mikey

20. froggyfrenchman

Getting ready to head to the battle site in Versailles.
    The weather looks great for the weekend.
    Mikey