Midwest Naval Combat Club schedule

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, May 12, 2012.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The Osgood, Indiana battle is this weekend.
    Currently it looks like several Treaty folks and boats are attending.
    Not sure about Battlestations.
    It is going to be pretty darn cold on both days, but we are battling anyway.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

Vance and I are up and loading the van for our road-trip over to Osgood.
    We anticipate arriving around 10am or so.
    We have light flurries here. It is indeed cold out.
    It reminds me of years gone by, when I was battling with the BBS, and we made the trip up
    to battle with the LEAG up in Erie. That was cold, but still fun.
    And to go back a bit more.
    The old MBG would battle into December some times.
    I remember at least one time when we had to actually stay clear of the thin layer of ice
    on the surface of the water. Some of the guys tried to drive through it, and it cut slices in
    their balsa sheeting.
    Ah! Those were the days.
    Anyhow, we had this weekend set aside for boating. And that is exactly what we are planning
    to do this weekend. Go boating with some of our pals.
    Looking forward to it.
    Drive safe. And we will see you there.
    Mikey

3. froggyfrenchman

All

We have changed the dates for the club's end of year celebration event.

The dates are December 13-14. And I will be hosting the event at my boat shop in Pleasant Hill, Ohio.

The address is..

108 Court Ave. Pleasant Hill, Ohio 45359

We can kick things off Saturday morning, and the house will be open Saturday night for the guys that want to stay for Sunday. So we can keep the shop open as late as we like on Saturday night, and get started as early as we want on Sunday. And then work into the early evening.

We will have a club meeting at some point during the weekend.

Starting at around noon, or 1 pm on one of the days. We will decide on which day to do the meeting in the near future, and post that.

I will start a database to see who can attend on which days, so that we can figure out when to have the club meeting.

So bring along an on-going projects, so that we can get some photos.

And bring along anything that you have to sell, or trade.

Mikey

4. froggyfrenchman

Our end of year celebration / club meeting / build-session is this weekend in Pleasant Hill, Ohio.
    Saturday and Sunday.
    Mikey

5. froggyfrenchman

Well the 2014 battling season is behind us, and it was filled with lots of folks running lots of boats, enjoying this wonderful hobby that we all share.

We got the schedule off to an early start, with plenty of battle events on the calender.

I do not remember having to cancel any battle events due to weather or for any other reason. We did move the November battle from Versailles, Ohio over to Osgood, Indiana in order to let Chris C., and his family host an event.

We had pretty good turn-outs at pretty much all of our events. We didn't break any records this past season as to the number of ships on the water. But we did always have at least one extra loaner boat available at every meet in case we had one drop off-line, or had an interested spectator interested in giving it a try.

We did have quite a few new folks attend our events to see what we do. And some of them ran either a convoy ship, or warship.

We made sure that they all had great fun. And at least a few of them are currently in the process of building their own ships.

We did have two of the Admirals board members from the national group attend our annual event for a day, and they did very well.

We had a lot of folks that were too tied up with life stuff to attend our events, but that does happen to us all at some point. We do this in our spare time.

In closing out the battling season, I wanted to thank everyone that supported our group in 2014. Those that attended our events. But also those that supported us even though they could not make it to any of the battles.

Honorable mentions go to Phil, Mark, Matt, Bat, Roland, Steve V., Vance, and Jeff C.

Jeff was not able to attend any of our events in 2014. But he has been allowing us to maintain, and loan out, two of his boats for the past several years. Which has had a very positive impact on the growth of our group.

In 2014, he not only took on a third boat that the group has the use of, but he also purchased an extra radio, and replaced a large chunk of our aging batteries.

So thanks to you all.

I also wanted to thank the club officers for a job well-done.

Not only do they make sure that our club events are scheduled, but they also make sure that the events are filled with fun for all that attend, so that they will look forward to attending again in the future.

I am looking forward to the 2015 battling season.

Mikey

6. froggyfrenchman

Happy New Year!
    2015 is here. And we are ready to start planning our new batting season and event schedule.
    There are already some discussions about battle dates. And we are just starting to look into the swap-meets (boat-displays) that are coming up.
    And we have been discussing the build-session schedule as well.
    So it seems like we are getting our ducks in a row for the new season.

We had our end of year get-together recently, and picked up club officers for 2015.
    Fred stepped up to the plate to fill a position. I think he is the Opps officer.
    Mark, and Phil held their positions from last year.
    Matt was promoted to Commanding Officer for 2015. That's what happens when you fail to attend the meeting in order to defend yourself! Haha!
    Roland and I are Tech Officers.
    So feel free to approach either of us if you have any questions about the legality of your ships. We both accept pay-pal, money-orders, and checks.
    Cold hard cash works too!

So with all of this in place so early in the year, we should be prepared for another fun filled battling season running the boats.

So thanks to the members that filled an officer position.
    Happy New Year. And happy hunting to us all.
    Mikey

7. froggyfrenchman

We have a swap-meet coming up this coming Saturday in Urbana, Ohio where we will be setting up a boat-display.

Mark, Tom, and I set up a display a couple of weeks ago at the big swap-meet in Dayton. Bat, and Bob D. were able to drop in for a little while.
    And Roland and I just displayed the boats at the swap-meet in Ravenna, Ohio yesterday.
    Mikey

8. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Pictures!!
    Lots of pictures!

9. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

The annual Denmark Straights reenactment and our first battle will be held on 23 and 24 May. The location will be Tom's pond in Xenia. First battles will start about 10am.

10. froggyfrenchman

Heading out for the Denmark Straits event in Xenia.
    I am bringing my swim trunks just in case I finally get sunk for the first time ever.
    Well! Again.
    Mikey

11. froggyfrenchman

Well, I have to admit that this was one of the best events that I have ever been to.
    Lots of folks, running lots of boats. Always nice. But more importantly (to me), Vance had to work on Saturday, but he was able to attend on Sunday, and he actually battled with us while he was out there. He often just helps out with the new folks while he is there.
    I battled a couple/few times as well, and had a great time.
    What tickled me the most was seeing some of the folks that don't often make our events, and more importantly, having the new folks drop in to see what we are about, and be able to run one of our many loaner boats.
    There was always at least one or two extra boats sitting on the table ready for anyone that wanted to run one to drop them in the water and go.
    A truly awesome event indeed.
    Thanks to everyone that helped to make the event all that it turned out to be.
    And a special thanks to those that put it together, and ran it.
    A great way to kick off the battling season.
    Mikey

12. JamesFoster

JamesFoster Member

Hi Mike! Hi Buddy! How are tricks these days?

13. froggyfrenchman

James
    Good to see you on the site. Sorry for the delay in getting back. But this is a busy time of year for me, and I just can't find the time to stay on top of the sites.
    Vance (my son) and I are building a pair of French pre-dreads for later on in the battling season. We just had our Denmark Straits event over Memorial Day weekend. That was great fun. But now we are taking the Hood, and Bismarck out of service for the rest of the year, and putting their internals into the USS United Sates, (a Lexington class battlecruiser), and the G-3 class British battlecruiser.
    We are hoping to have the two battlecruisers in service by July, and the two pre-dreads in service by September.
    Those are all Treaty ships.
    We also have a Mogador, and Tashkent for Battlestations. And we are trying to get the Surcouf battle-ready by the fall.
    Mikey

14. JamesFoster

JamesFoster Member

No worries on the delay. As you can see, I am not all that speedy at getting back either. Glad to see you are keeping quite busy with all of the various irons you have in the various fires. I myself am not doing much of anything. I mainly just wanted to say Hi! as I signed up for this forum. Best of luck!

James

15. froggyfrenchman

The Task-Force 4 event will be held at Tom's pond in Xenia, Ohio the weekend of September 25-27.
    This will be a three-day battle event with both Battlestations, and Treaty taking turns fighting sorties.

We have the weekend of August 8-9 scheduled as an open boat weekend for the group.
    We will either be building in the Dayton area all weekend, or possibly battling at the Versailles, Ohio battle site.
    We have a two-day battle scheduled the weekend of October 17-18 at the Versailles, Ohio battle site.
    We have a two-day battle scheduled the weekend of November 7-8 at the Versailles, Ohio battle site.
    Mikey

16. froggyfrenchman

I was out to see Tom in Xenia this week, and they are looking forward to seeing us out there Sept 25-27 for our Task-Force event.
    Last season, Chris hosted our November battle over in Indiana. But they do not think we can use that battle site this fall.
    So we will be hosting the October 17-18 battle at the Versailles, Ohio battle site, as well as the November 7-8 battle.
    Mikey

17. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey.
    I had two 6-foot poles that I might to bring with me, so we can mark the 50-,foot course..
    Nikki

18. froggyfrenchman

Only two weeks to go before the Task-Force 4 event in Xenia, Ohio.
    Currently it looks like we will have a pretty good turn-out for the Treaty folks.
    Probably no record-breaking numbers. But almost certainly some brand new boats on the water for the first time.
    Not a lot of information on who and what we will be seeing on the water for the Battlestations format.
    But we know that some of them will be there, and we anticipate Battlestations action on all three days at that event.
    We are hoping to get at least one new Battlestations boat on the water for the first time at this event.
    Mikey

19. froggyfrenchman

That reminds me.
    One other thing that we are working towards at this event is to try to help Nikki get her own boat into combat for at least one battle.
    Several of the members are pulling together to help make sure that she has her own boat that is battle-ready and as the weekend progresses,
    we anticipate seeing her out there running some sea trials to get more familiar with her boat, and if all goes well, see her actually enter it into
    the combat.
    How cool will that be?
    Mikey

Scharnhorst56, NASAAN101 and Beaver like this.
  20. froggyfrenchman

The Task-Force event is next weekend in Xenia, Ohio.
    Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The weather is looking great.
    Mikey