Mikey's Strasbourg

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by froggyfrenchman, May 20, 2007.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    I wanted to take the time to appologize to everyone for not getting my Strasbourg battle-ready.
    I was not able to find the time to work on her earlier in the year due to the pace of all of the other projects going on around here.
    And when I did get the time to concentrate on her after the fall regionals, I was simply not able to focus on the build. I did get started on changing out the cannons, and the simple stuff like cleaning up the shafts, rudder, and such. I added some more water-channeling, installed the deck-hold-downs, and simplified the removal of the central access hatch. My CO2 delivery system is almost finished as well.
    I had to make new mounts for the new cannons, and when I discovered that my old barrels, and brackets, would not mate up to the new cannons, so that I could fire the 7/32" ammo, I got tripped up.
    At that point, I realized that my serious wrench-turning days on the boats were behind me for this year.
    I said that I would get the boat battle-ready for this season. But I did not make that happen. I took her out to the battle this past weekend, and with an hour or two of work I could have put her on the water for some photos. But I didn't have the energy to even get her out of the van.
    So my appologies to all.
    Mikey

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    I showed my mom this thread and the photos, and one of her questions was, How old is she?? She a neat ship!!! and Do you have any photos of her with your 144th, sacle Strasbourg???
    Nikki

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    The only progress that I have made is a little detail work for some of the local boat-displays.
    I will try to post some up-to-date photos in the near future.
    Vance and I will be putting our two 96th scale boats on the front burner for the time being.
    Mikey

4. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Mikey,
    What sub do you have in the 96 scale???
    Nikki