milk cow?

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by wfirebaugh, Mar 26, 2020.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

I was looking for plans for the milk cow U-boat, I have found plans for the standard ship but have found little over the milk cow as a possible noncombat. I ordered the Revell 1/144 scale type 7 C/41 U boat Atlantic version for giggles and comparison.

2. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a Milch Cow.
    Just quick question, is that revell kit any good? I did static models before RC warship and still do them and I thought that kit would be cool. But from past experience (1/700) Revell kits suck. (their random scale Missouri sucks too, nothing is scale, 40mms are as big as a secondary, waterline is high, there is no detail, 20mms are horribly done and are tinier than scale. It sucked.)
    So is it good?

3. wfirebaugh

I would say decent as a plastic models go, I have built Cars, Planes, Ships, and Gundam model kits. I had just looked at saving media to the site and i think I figured it out...
    Good detail, all external details.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by comparison I would say the I-400 is 2 to 3 times larger.
    I payed 22.30$ the shipping was free and was mailed from England
    http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?cat_s=SBB&str_s=1/144

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Nibbles1 likes this.
  4. wfirebaugh

From what I noticed the more accurate models are the larger scales, plastic has severe limitations when needing the same amount of detail at a smaller scale.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Nibbles1 and rcaircraftnut like this.
  5. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Very true. However I have seen state of the art masterpieces in 1/700 and some beautiful (mostly Tamiya) kits out there. Oh I also thought I would put my 1/144 Minicraft
    Mustang and B 26 I just finished here.

It would be funny if someone made an RC flower class model. If it had a gun that would be hilarious (and hard)

Edit: I can't spell

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    wfirebaugh likes this.
  6. wfirebaugh

Tamiya, Bandai have some great models these days, too bad Revell north america went out of business. There are pieces that are molded as one complete section of a leg to this model, bend small part here, bend other backwards, attach their fold whole section in the middle to have a jointed leg, it is really amazing these days as apposed to 20+ years ago several pieces can be molded together as one on a plastic tree, example Real Grade Zaku II 1/144 model.
    [​IMG]

Nibbles1 likes this.