MISSOURI BUILD

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Mar 6, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Figured I might as well give the Mo her own dedicated build page seeing that I been spending more time on this ship than the other ones.The latest link to the picks have been posted under the Topic Mega Build so you can check out the pics there. Future links will be posted here under the build.
    It's been slow progress but I am overcoming major hurdles and now getting into the meat of it which is all internal . First the Drive /Rudder, electrical and radio systems will be installed. Follwed by internal armour and exterior sheeting. Once the hull and decks are done and ready for seal trials then the superstructure will be next. :)

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Nice job.
    I would love to see more of these grand boats on the water.
    I would love to build one myself.
    But that will not be happening anytime soon.
    Too many other things going on.
    Mikey

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks froggyfrenchman. Like you I have too many projects plus the upcomin wedding so I am doing what I can to get this project moving along. Be nice to see more Iowa class but once we get ours done and get them to Nats in 2012 hopefully that may inspire more.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Wing shaft repair done. Sanded the repair area smooth. Cleaned up the wing shafts. Made and installed the bilge keel stabilizers. Started assembling the main supestructure.
    Good progresss so far.

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Made great progress today. Completed the PROP struts and installed the dummy shafts and drag props. Installed the BC gears and completed the drive system connections . Here is some pics of the work today.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/runabout1/MISSOURE%20BUILD%202011-12/Missouri%20March%202011/

6. Rob3869

Rob3869 Member

I had a chance to check out many of your videos and photos of the ships you built. You do great work. It is really cool to see someone's work who knows there stuff. My son and I have been enjoying your combat videos and they have motivated us even more to get our project up and running. God bless and stay warm!

CURT likes this.