MNCC battle August 18, Xenia, Ohio

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by Kun2112, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

All,
    We will be hosting a one day battle August 18 at Tom's pond near Xenia. This will be a Treaty battle with the possibility of some Battlestations ships runing sea trials.
    The address is 1880 Turner Road, Xenia, OH
    On US 35 take the US 68 South exit (Wilmington/Home Ave), after 1.6 miles turn left onto Stone Road (look for a small white orchard sign), the turn right on Turner Road after going 2.6 miles. The driveway will be on the left after 0.9 miles. You will see a large red barn with an American flag painted on the side set back a few hundred feet. That is the driveway.
    There will be a battle fee of $10 for food and CO2 plus $5 for additional family members. One-time NAMBA insurance forms will be available if you are not current on your NAMBA membership or have not used a one time for this year. The one event insurance is $10.

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Just checked the long-range weather forecast. It is looking good so far.
    Looks like the Frenchies might get some revenge for the April battle.
    Mikey

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

god that's going to be ugle!
    Nikki

4. froggyfrenchman

My Battlestations boats will not be at the battle tomorrow. I have not been able to get them ready.
    So Vance and I will just have the two big Frenchies for Treaty.
    Mikey

5. froggyfrenchman

All
    I am on the run just now, but wanted to take a minute to say thanks for the great time at the Xenia battle yesterday.
    The folks that put the event together did a great job, and we all had a great time.
    The French were looking for an opportunity to get a little revenge for the defeat we were dealt at the April battle by the world fleet.
    We placed the Emile Bertin on the world team as a precautionary measure, and she was ordered to scuttle. So the Frenchies held a nice lead at the end of the first sortie.
    But in the second sortie the Jean Bart was sunk by the combined efforts of the USS Roanoke, USS Michigan, and the brand new British battleship Rodney.
    So the world fleet scored a victory in the first fleet battle.
    In the second fleet battle, I am not sure that there were any sinks.
    But it was a very fun battle.
    I will try to write up a battle-report later.
    Anyhow. Thanks to all of the folks that helped put the event together.
    And thanks to all the folks that showed up to make the event a really great time.
    I think that it would be fair to say that the Frenchies look forward to another opportunity to take on the world fleet. But it looks like we either need more Frenchies, or we need to put the Jean Bart on the world team.
    Vive la France.
    Mikey