Modelshipsahoy Prinz Eugen Hull

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by buttsakauf, Jul 11, 2018.

1. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

I apologize if my post was unclear and lended itself to misinterpretation. I am not holding anyone to anything. I am obviously supporting his endeavors (through my words and purchases) and providing general insight into the relationship between suppliers.

I also addressed that his offerings are something that have been in the works since before he knew anything of what else was being offered. In light of that I don’t believe him offering them is indecent in any capacity.

To punctuate the matter I encourage them that this is a capitalist market and the better product for the money (best value) will more than likely be rewarded.

Short version: I’m driving home the points that competition can be good for consumers, but it can be counterproductive to step on toes. However, many consumers will not care (supply, demand, value, and all that) and there are many good hulls people would like to see.

Personally I believe there is a good Prinz Eugen on the market however, this particular offering was a good value and I wanted to examine it. As a consumer I can do what I will and my actions show that I care about value and that I will buy whatever tickles my fancy.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Clark's quad Omaha looks very impressive (and a little scary).

Panzer likes this.
  3. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

I have a Modelshipsahoy PE hull and main deck which I made as a surface runner.
    It has sleek lines and will be a torpedo in the water. No issues with hull thickness or bubbling!
    Only small issue I had was to cut a 1/4" from the amidship from the main deck so the bow and stern sat correctly on the hull. ( which is where the access is for the removal of both decks to access the hull.)
    I enjoyed this build. Just waiting on a new Receiver and then it will have a maiden voyage.
    Mark IMG_1774.JPG

Connor, rcengr, Xanthar and 2 others like this.
  4. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Looks great!

We just finished our engineering on the small parts kit for the PE. All made from pigmented ultra lightweight urethane foam closed molded under high pressure

NOW AVAILABLE AS A FULL KIT!
    $250 free continental US shipping.
    Pm us for payment details.
    06F5F0A2-9B9A-48E8-932E-B93F6E8D6200.jpeg

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

hey Tim,
    what all comes in the kit??
    Nikki

6. AZSkibo

AZSkibo Member

I just received (oh, hey by the way! New member; see my intro etc) a new Prinz hull from MSA and am awaiting a DE Edsall class hull. I’m very happy with the hull I received though it is my first. All the reference lines I might need are easily traced, the edges were left rough but I need to learn to glass anyway and they’re not rough at all anyway. Discussion to purchase to receipt was as promised and on time. That’s all I have to say about that.

7. Terry Keef

Terry Keef Member

I always loved the clipper bow on that ship. It should move nicely though the water. Very nice hull. I am waiting on a Nassau hull from modelshipsahoy. They are rather busy so hulls are a little slow to ship out. Still I can’t wait to receive it. The photos look great.

8. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Need a Baden hull.... any laying around?

9. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Tyler might have one in his pile he collected

Nomercy likes this.
  10. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

I'll try to e mail him