More books have arrived!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I just got two books!

Vom Original zum Modell: Schlachtschiff Scharnhorst

and

Anatomy of the Ship: Yamato

Yaaayyy!!! Now the school year needs to be done so I can get to work on stuff :)

Mark, the rangefinders on Yamato will be separate molding from the main body of the turret. This actually makes life easier on us for making them hollow and fitting mirrors inside for camera feeds...

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

Cool... Ain't that Yamato book a nice piece of paper. It's amazing how many nooks and crannies have to be sealed and sanded on my hull, looking at adding the last of the fiberglass to the bottom of the hull soon then after I save up a few more pennies I can buy my running gear.

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I just got jane's world war I&II fighting ships. :)

4. Tugboat

Jane's Books are ALWAYS cool... :) My parents gave me a 1994/5 copy of All the World's Fighting Ships when I was Honorman for my Electrican's Mate A-school (first time I did well at ANY class, thrilled them to death)

I have on the way the mighty "Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War", which is the complete reference work. This mighty tome is 2 and a half inches thick. If anyone builds a Japanese cruiser, I've got the references :) [AOTS: IJN Takao is on the way, too]

This is part of my master plan to build more detail parts for the naval warfare hobby. Some will be 1/144, some will be 1/96. Since the Scale Shipyard does American in multiple scales, I'm not doing much there in 1/96. I will be producing quite a bit this summer, mostly detail parts, but making a few molds for hulls in 1/96, which will make it easier to recruit new battlers (or get 1/144 battlers to play in both scales!)... I will be posting a "vote your boat" thread here with the candidates on it :)

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ihave book on order called WARSHIPS PICTORIAL by CLASSIC WARSHIP PUBLISHING. It is of the DKM TIRPITZ. I have a book from this company on BISMARCK and it is an excellent reference book for building. I wanted to have the same kind of reference for Tirpitz.

Curt

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I like Janes book called BATTLESHIPS OF THE 20TH CENTURY. It's one of thier better books for pics and ship layouts and the Technical data is far more accurate than their previous editions mostly. A great source .

7. Tugboat

I may have to get that one :)