Motor Tester Build

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by jadfer, Mar 3, 2015.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

bone ridges up top i'd say, the things on the side are a bit odd. No idea. Since its an alien, maybe they could be both? Tufted Horn Warts or something? You can of course upload a replacement if you are not a fan of Tufted Horn Warts.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

So I decided to just build it rather than drag it out. Here are some pictures:

Box nearly completed but testing the meter for the 'Test Motor'
    IMG_0972.JPG

The inside of the box. I had to scale it back a bit and didn't include any on/off switches until I can find the right size hole saw. They switches measure .8 inches at the cut-off which does not translate to a hole saw size at home depot.
    IMG_0973.JPG

Version 1 of the box, barring any problems when using the meter to measure the 'Generator' motor. The meter on the right shows the voltage from the battery and the amp load of the test motor. The meter on the left will show the volts generated, measured from the 'Generator Motor'. In the future I will measure the amp load of the resistors but for now will save that for V1.5

IMG_0976.JPG

Next step is to build the base/box holder with motor mounts and install the resistors for load. I hope to have that done today. V1 is nearly done.

Here is the item I used for inspiration after I started research, however I originally wanted the Competition Electronics Motor Dyno but couldn't find one.

RC Brushless Chassis Dyno

See ya

J

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015