Mounting coil mag fast guns

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by wdodge0912, Dec 6, 2019.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

So I'm looking to do some work on my Australia BC. I'm wanting to change the ship over to the typical Bow and Stern sidemounts, with the aft wing a stern gun (see the VDT picture, but Australia's wing turrets are on the opposite sides)

The current mounting system is pretty solid, but it doesn't allow changing the guns around. The coil mags I have work flawlessly so I figured remounting then would be the best way to change up the layout. I'm also looking to redo the entire deck, so I can have that aft wing turret not need to be removed when I take the deck off to change batteries and co2.

I think my first step is to get a new deck cut out, and mark the sections so the deck can be removed without affecting the bow and wing turret (the stern is after the step of course)

Also with magatizing the turret caps, I'm wanting to get some new ones. The turret caps I have now a couple have a wing nut going through, one which has been over tightened and is now bowed in, and the other one just slides down the barrel to stay on. Im not sure if there are any more available to purchase, so I might have to fix the one, and I'll probably just cut the front section open, and use barrels that match the gun.

This is probably a very long winded post and I seem to not be very good at communicating my ideas, but that's why I'm asking for suggestions as well.

The TL;DR version is I'm redoing the uppperside of my Australia BC, anyone have suggestions on how to mount the coil mag guns with magnetized turret caps, so they can be easily pulled out if they need to be swapped out, and so the wing turret doesnt have to be pulled to swap batteries and co2?

Attached Files:

• vdt.gif
      vdt.gif
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Views: