Moving to Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Naval Brigade' started by Murchisonge, May 16, 2016.

1. Murchisonge

Murchisonge Active Member

Good afternoon guys,
    I just wanted to check and see what and who is in the Houston area. My family and I will be moving to the area at the end of the month, and I figured it might be nice to be near some folks in the hobby when I pick it back up again. I was building a Waldeck Rousseau, but had to scrap it for the time being. I figure it will be a little easier with people to go to for questions. Are there many active folks around Houston? We will be living in the Baytown area with the in-laws until we can get settled.

Cheers,
    Garrett

NickMyers likes this.
  2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Paging @jadfer & the Texas Naval Brigade folk...

not sure how many they have in the immediate area

3. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Houston has a LOT of battlers. Jadfer on here is there, several others. I'll PM you his info :)

NickMyers likes this.
  4. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Hey!!

We have 3 in the immediate area and of course many more in Texas. We are working on getting a pond in Houston if I can just get over there to test it out...

Ted, Doug, and I all host build sessions as needed and we try to have a summer and fall battle if possible. We are and IRC club (www.ircwcc.org) and attend the IRC Nats when possible.

Feel free to send me a PM with your info and can schedule some activities for when you arrive.

See ya

J

5. Murchisonge

Murchisonge Active Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I will shoot you a message once I can get down there and my ducks in a row. I have never met anyone in the hobby in person, and would love to just soak up some knowledge before I jump back into construction.

Cheers,
    Garrett

6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I suggest you wait to purshase anything until you get down here and see what we use in the area and then can help you pick the best ship. Look forward to it.

7. Kyndalw08

Kyndalw08 New Member

I'm going to piggy back on this thread:

I live about 45 minutes to an hour east of Houston near Beaumont, and have had a life long fascination with the RC combat boats(I'm involved in just about anything that flies, floats, and drives RC atm). I would be very interested in coming to some of y'alls events sometime.

8. T.Mcgee

T.Mcgee New Member

Second that, I would love the chance to observe and chat with a few of you fellows. I am keenly interested in this hobby.

9. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

We can have a build session this weekend at my place. Send me a private message if you are interested.

NickMyers likes this.