MWC Regional Battle

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Bob, May 3, 2010.

1. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

We will be battling in Farmington, MO (Just south of St Louis) May 29, 30 & 31. We will be at the pond from 8am until 4 or 5pm Saturday and Sunday, on Monday we'll be there from 8 am until noon.
    There will be over 20 ships on the water. So far 23 people are going with 3-4 maybe's still trying to make it.
    Even if you don't have a ship stop by and watch a couple battles.
    For more info see:
    http://www.mwci.org/eventinfo.shtml?109_10_30_43

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Bob
    I would love to drop in on this event.
    But I will be at a battle out here in Ohio that weekend.
    But I hope you all have a grand old time, and I will keep an eye on your battle schedule down the road.
    Mikey

3. moose421

moose421 Member

My first away battle and I just hope I have the bugs worked out of the Marlborough. But the Wichita will be coming. If all goes well with the Marlborough I would let someone else battle the Wichita.

Kim

4. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

sorry guys I'm gonna have to back out of the Tangler. Yesterday my boat had an incident and I'm going to have to dip into the trip funds to fix it. Between that and the other chores I've got to take care of it just isn't going to happen. So I hope you guys all have fun and I'll see you all at a later battle.

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Ralph!!! What happened!!!

6. radollar2000

radollar2000 Active Member

Long story short, a friend of mine thought it would be interesting to see how good I was at piloting my boat. I obliged him by placing my boat just in front of a his ponds drainage pipe. There was more flow than either of us expected and subsequently my boat was sucked into the 2' pipe and got stuck half way down a 30' tube. Damage to the boat...well use your imagination. Moral of this story, moving water has a heck of a lot of force. On the brighter side of things I found out my 20Ah battery pack will work my boat for well over an hour with the pump at full capacity!