MWCI going away no nats in Michigan

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Attack Squadron (GLAS)' started by WillCover, Dec 13, 2014.

1. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

The dessolution of MWCI

2. Astrosaint

Astrosaint Active Member

Ok, may I ask why ? I know why MWCI is out of Florida due to members moving out and those in Florida being less active. What is going on in Michigan ?

3. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

MWCI national club is soon to be no more at the end of the year.

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Too bad about the no nats, looks like you have a great location. You should push for hosting a regionals or something.

5. Astrosaint

Astrosaint Active Member

If the NATIONAL MWCI group is going to cease to exist at one second before midnight Jan. 1, 2015, one would think MWCI has more pressing issues to deal with than finding a body of water to operate combat ships. Perhaps the end was already near and it was not discussed in an open forum.

6. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Ircwcc north regionals. :)

NickMyers likes this.
  7. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Nothing was ever discussed in an open forum. Perhaps if the BOD had been more up front and honest with the membership, more viable options would have been available. But alas.. they believe hobby clubs are top secret organizations..

8. Astrosaint

Astrosaint Active Member

ASSUMING that MWCI is closing shop, I do hope that their TF-144 newsletter along with other documentation gets placed in some archive and not get erased from history. There is limited documentation on the hobby and NO handbook to refer to. Losing this data base would really be a tragedy.

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

The few issues of TF144 Ive seen are nice, but we're not talking about the library of Alexandria here. This forum likely contains more of a howto and handbook than TF144 does in its sum.

That said, if the mwci folk want to provide copies, i would happily host an archive here.

This is something mwci and its members are dealing with. It is not for you or I to speculate on as we lack inside knowledge of the situation.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    GregMcFadden likes this.