My Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Caleb Ferguson, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Caleb Ferguson

Caleb Ferguson New Member

Ah hoy Captains,

My name is Caleb and I am very new to R/C Warship Combat in general and I would love to get started in this hobby. I honestly don't know much about this hobby but I do not know where to start to begin my journey. Could someone give me some noobie starter advice or information about this? (Any and all information is welcome and very much appreciated)

Evan Fowler and Beaver like this.
  2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, Caleb! Texas has at least two combat clubs that I know of, in both Fast Gun and Big Gun formats. If you're looking to get started, the best way is to contact someone from your nearest club and arrange to visit a battle or build session. Meeting people IRL and seeing a battle is the most important step. Once that's done you can figure out what ship you want, whether to build new or buy used, what other stuff you'll need, etc.

3. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Welcome aboard Caleb. In Texas, there are several battlers, The Lides, Jeff and Mark, Jonny Adams,Ted B, Matt Mullis(ROY at nats), John Zaruba, Tim Beckett, Chris Pierce, Gerald and Dirty Dave, and i am likely forgetting the one tha lives down the street from you. We all battle Fast gun style, I am unaware of any Big gun battles in texas in several years. So if you actually want to Battle Fast gun is where its currently happening. I am up in Michigan and if you ever come up this way you are welcome to use a loaner boat or if you wanna move up here we can help you build whatever boat that strikes your fancy. Hope to see you on the water! Craig

Beaver likes this.
  4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Hola Caleb!

I just joined NTXBG here in Dallas. We are Big Gun!

COVID has been rough on us, but we have a battle on the 16th of Oct! We’d love to have you!!!

Panzer and Evan Fowler like this.
  5. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

Totally agree with Kotori. Getting out to the pond and meeting people is huge. Ive never battled but just showing up is enough to start building rapport with active captains.

Panzer likes this.
  6. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Panzer likes this.
  7. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

Caleb welcome there are several of us local in Houston and across Tx . More then happy to help. Our next event is the turkey shoot in Boutte LA so far I believe will have 19 boats on the water. I’m sure we can have a loaner available if you like to come and join.

Panzer likes this.
  8. Fridge

Fridge Active Member

Hey, I'm Matt M. I'm in the northside of Houston towards Conroe. I've built and battled fastgun R/C combat for the past three-ish years now. I've been pretty busy with work lately and haven't been boating as much as I'd like, but like John said we're getting ready for a planned November battle in Louisiana. Feel free to dm me, I can try to answer any questions you might have.

ZARUBA1987 and Panzer like this.