My latest creation

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Beaver, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Beaver

My latest gun incorporating some interesting features.
    You'll notice that a 1/4" coupler replaces the common copper uptube. While you lose the ability to adjust the angle of the barrel, you get a VERY strong joint between the T and the elbow. This is for a bow gun so barrel angle adjustability isn't a big issue. Plus you can disassemble all the pieces for inspection during troubleshooting.
    I use automotive brake line to build my guns. I used a 1 foot piece to build this one. Cool thing about that stuff is it comes with flanged ends. You can see how I used those to good effect on the BC breech and magazine connection.
    Anyway, I guess that is enough ramblings on. If you have any comments or opinions on using the coupler for the uptube, I'd love to hear them. :)
    C

3. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

How does it feed with the 1/4" coupling? I always thought that the up tube gave you more than just angle adjustment on the barrel, it also gave you a better angle on the magazine feed into the interrupter Tee (i.e., less than 90 degrees).

4. Beaver

That could be a problem. I haven't seen any issues with this gun, though. You could replace the 90 degree elbow with a 45 and get the best of both worlds.