my little 3d printer build and probably HELP thread (Hesine prusa I3 m505)

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by Reckless, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

20160226_074847.jpg 20160226_074900.jpg 20160226_074915.jpg so I forgot to take a pic right off the printer... there were some issues in the print that were my fault in my settings

so the layers pulled apart was me checking out the print and stuff. it was a really happy failure as it LOOKS fantastic. I've actually handled store bought hulls with more texture then the way this printed LOL

absolutek likes this.
  2. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

okay... so my first major.. HELP! ...

havent' been around due to a ton of factors.. work schedule, getting ready for next school session, and now reoccurance of my injury (yay!) ...

but couple of months ago I didn't check connections after doing a whoooollleee pile of prints (full kg roll of pla, and full kg roll of abs) and my hot bed terminal fried... took itself out and the powersupply connection.

ordered a new board.... new board came without firmware...

it's a melzi 2.0 setup .... I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to get a working firmware setup uploaded into this stupid board. Ive been fighting with it for 3 days straight, every itteration of "use this setup it's the right one" has been failure

all the seller for this printer supplied it with was the .hex file ... which again I can't figure out for the life of me to get it uploaded.

I don't want to make any changes or updates or anything ... I just want the same firmware thats on my cooked board, on my new board :(

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

4. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

yes ... scripting preloaded is for the mendel and the huxley .. which doesn't mean I can't use it, just means I have to go through and find what to activate/deactivate and which values to change.

I managed to find a loader to put the 'original' hex code into my board, but it appears to be backwards ... when I try to home the axis they head to the side without limit switchs.

I'm thankfully not having any comms issues with this board... its just been a coding thing, and the fact that I understand just enough of it to be dangerous to my poor little printer.. LOL

5. NickMyers

ignoring homing for a minute.. do your axis move in the opposite direction as you expect? If you command z up, do you get z up or down? same with X and Y? If that's the case then you just need to reverse some motor wiring

6. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

that was the next thing i was going to check once my head was cleared (clouded in frustration makes hastey things happen)

looks like all are going in opposite direction. (still have to check extruder and heaters..)

is the wiring switch all 4?

7. NickMyers

stepper wires are paired. 1 and 2, 3 and 4. so move (1,2) to (3,4) and (3,4) to where (1,2) was

8. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

okay.

so my wires are currently ordered
    red
    blue
    green
    black

so to reverse them I would reorder them
    green
    black
    red
    blue

is this what you ment?

9. NickMyers

yea
    you should also be able to just swap red-blue or green-black if you'd rather
    several ways to reverse a 4 wire stepper

10. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

ahhhh was so close. everything seems to work ... except my stepper motors count setting for my z axis... I commanded 5mm up... it went like 5 cm... appears the hex I have was ment for threaded rod, not lead screws :(

so I guess i'm coding...

11. NickMyers

Did you ever get this back in order?

12. Reckless

Reckless Active Member

Yes! ... sorry been away forever ... year of school, working.. etc etc etc got in the way. I did get it back up and running .. I ended up doing it backarse wards .. I powered up the burnt board in slic3r software... copied all the values I needed. then powered up the new board and forcibly loaded them in the slic3r software (it allowed me to flash the modifications)

did a bunch more printing (did all our Xmas gifts on the printer, nifty ornaments with a spinning center bit). after that I decided to do some 'quick' upgrades to alleviate issues it had that have bothered me since the beginning.
    - the bent printbed (ordered a better bed assembly)
    - vibrating structure (secure printer to a base)
    - all the hotbed current going through the poor little board (aux solid state relay)
    - power up is plug into wall, no switch ( canibalize old PC for power cord plug in, and a power bar for breaker style switch)

so I ordered a bunch of bits ... and by the time they arrived... I was back in school again. so it sitting half re-assembled on my work bench. I also was given the green light by the wifey to build a hot rod out of the blue ... so I started that down in the basement too ...