Discussion in 'General' started by rcaircraftnut, Apr 2, 2016.
Sounds good. So do it while the glue is still wet and fresh, don't let it get tacky first. Got it.
Well I pulled something or something. Just now able to stand up again after several hours of pain. Still hurts pretty bad. So that ends all work on the pontoon for a bit. Lol. That's what I was doing when I got in a hurry and hurt myself. So I'm sitting in my rolling chair with some silkspanned balsa, a can of weldwood, and a hull on the bench. See if I can get something done today at least. I hate wasted days. Lol.
Port side done ready for external silkspan. On to the starboard side.
Sheeting is all done. Will try to get some paint on it tomorrow. Depends on how my back feels. Lol.
Thank you to Kevinp for the advice on the super 77 spray. I am a convert. Much easier, faster, and less stinky than the polyurethane.
Ready to start painting. Now I need to find a good pic of a camo scheme I like and then get it all together and weighed.
Starboard side first coat of Gray drying.
Using up old paints. Lol. First one I opened was fully separated and the pigment was a rubbery glob. But this stuff kept a bit better thankfully.
Plan is to get it painted up in basecoat then float it and mark the waterline then red in the bottom after floating. Gotta get the scale out lol.
Paint and SS repairs are completed until I get the software sorted on the printer. Then I will add what's missing.
And yes my bench a disaster at the moment lol.
Still need a few parts printed and the fore mast cut to length, as well as some rigging and more flags. But she's ready for waterline and bottom paint.
Now I need to put the RX back in and set up the radio.
How are you going to paint scharnhorst?? She looks great..
It's wearing fresh paint in the last pic Nikki. Jeez lol.
Plan to take Scharnhorst down to the post office Monday and see what it weighs. My scale only goes to 11lbs as it's meant for paint, dry goods ECT. Once I have the weight I will add/subtract as needed to get to the 30.8lbs. Then I can go to the pond for float testing/waterline marking. I have no place here at home yet to do it as the pool isn't up yet. I know I'm lazy lol.
Bottom paint laid down. Hope to get a preliminary sea trial tomorrow.
Have decided to stay simple on the paint and save the camo job for the new 3D printed SS that's coming once my printer gets sorted. Still haven't gotten Marlin worked out for my board quite yet but they are trying. Grrrr. Lol.
No sea trial today. Been working on the pontoon boat all afternoon. Had to completely tear down clean and regrease the helm. Now it's buttery smooth. Will get some hardware tomorrow morning to mount all the furniture. Then I can start mounting all the fittings and running the electronics and plumbing, controls ECT to the outboard.
All systems are back in and tested functional. Will have to get some co2 to test the guns but the solenoids are working at least.
Hope to get it to some water tomorrow.
My battlers connection order will be here in the morning so I will have the proper bottle as well as the new piston to make the solenoid work for the Bruno turret. Still looking at ways to make Bruno rotate by radio instead of being manually adjusted.
Ready to go get weighed in and go for a sea trial tomorrow. Yay. Lol.
Came in at 30lbs 1oz. Thinking of leaving it there so as to give some room to add a few things later.