My new pride and joy.

Discussion in 'General' started by rcaircraftnut, Apr 2, 2016.

1. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Reporting complete mien Kernel.
    I will pick up the P.E thread with the P.E. posts. And thanks in advance.

2. rcaircraftnut

Life is kinda smashing on a lot of us at the moment. Not wanting to even talk about or mention the reasons in this thread. Lol.
    However, due to current events I'm having to divert all non essential money's to the building of a family business that is not yet ready for an official announcement. Will get to that in it's propped time. Lol. Little joke there. So to proceed with having a hobby, and my sanity, lol. To get hobby stuff, I will sell hobby stuff. Trades are always welcomed. Keep an eye out I have a few things I will let go of if I can get a reasonable deal.
    Got some stuff headed this way already. The gearboxes and the rest of the needed cannons. So I now can start looking for the rest. Lol. This is kinda fun. Like an rc scavenger hunt.

3. rcaircraftnut

No work on these ships today. However I did get around to reviving the family fun barge project from last year yesterday. So worked on that some today then had birthday dinner with family.
    Gave the pontoon deck a cleaning, then gave the pontoons a muriatic acid wash to remove the nasty stains and growth. All ready to start carpentry and controls just as soon as I swap out the rearmost frame cross member as it is bent from no transom saver while towing. Easy fix.

4. rcaircraftnut

Ok. Went ahead and ordered two more 10ah prismatic cells. There went half my budget. Haha. Anyway, hopefully they will be good ones. Never dealt with batteryspace.com before. Used PayPal so should be covered. This will give me a total of 4 packs to use in either ship or two in each for vs battle's. That is if my brother is even around. Between him and pop and all the drama I'm bout ready to lose my mind. Lol.
    Hopefully my gearboxes will be here by the weekend. If so I hope to get them installed as well as the drive system electronics and start working on the gun mountings on Gneisenau.
    Hopefully I can find my misplaced sand paper stash in a few minutes so I can sand the hull on Scharnhorst and get it resheeted this weekend also.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  5. rcaircraftnut

Found the sandpaper and repaired the sander. And lookie here. A spot of sunshine.
    1589405903784124785774208211675.jpg

6. rcaircraftnut

Got it all sanded clean. Now just need to decide where I need to put the power buss and bottle then I can Bondo up the giant low spot in the center of the hull bottom. Yes it bugs me. Lol. But on a positive note, it will allow me to hide the screw heads more easily. Haha.

7. rcaircraftnut

A nice untracked package showed up today. Tracking information still shows unavailable. Lol. At least it made it. Haha.
    So got the gearboxes fitted and ready to glue in place. Will need to either drill out the maingears or do what I prefer to do and order some SS shafts to replace the brass ones I currently have. And some bushing material.
    1589515498751751776341293149267.jpg
    Any recommendations on where to order? Would suck to get bent ones ECT.

8. rcaircraftnut

On a side note it looks like my income situation is going to be well sorted out soon. If life will keep from tripping me up again. Lol

9. rcaircraftnut

May even be able to reclaim my lost boat shop. It's full of non hobby related endeavours at the moment.

10. rcaircraftnut

Decided to go ahead and drill out the gears. We're all good. Should be able to get the drive system buttoned up by the weekend.

11. rcaircraftnut

Just ordered a new pump from B.C. now I will have one of the old version with a Traxxas stinger brushed and a new one with a stock 550 to compare side by side. Just for grins. I'm sure the new one will be much nicer.
    Also got one viton piston to replace the completely destroyed one I have. Hopefully the other three will work for a while longer. That was the last of the current hobby money. Lol. Still need a bottle and probably some small fitting parts but it's close to being everything needed to complete the project and have two completely battle ready Scharnhorst class bb's.

12. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I order shafts and bushings from Mcmaster. I have been very pleased

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  13. rcaircraftnut

Won't be able to fill our own bottles either until I get a filling station but that's ok.

14. rcaircraftnut

Will look at what they have. Thank you. I may just go ahead and get it in longer stock so I have stock on hand for the future. Going with the brass shafts for now but will be replaced with steel ones soon I imagine.

15. rcaircraftnut

No work getting done tomorrow as I have to make a trip to Oklahoma City. I am going to meet a potential business partner. However.
    I did manage to find a 20lb co2 bottle for $60 and I just so happen to need it for the business endeavour so it's getting picked up tomorrow while I'm there. So soon I can use that bottle for both things. Lol. Point is that I just need a filling station now. Going to stop at the hobby store and get the last few small bits tomorrow also. Should be able to get these two ships done soon.

16. rcaircraftnut

I have a 7oz bottle already and it caused fitment issues in the Scharnhorst as it was laid out for a 5oz. So ordered a new 5oz today for it and will move the 7 oz over to the Gneisenau as it may need it having triple sterns on popits.
    Next thing to look at is radios. I have a few old aircraft transmitters but having them converted is not cost effective. I currently only have one futaba 2.4 tx and while I do have a spectrum tx it is only programmable with a cable and a computer. Usually this is a non issue as I normally only need to operate one ship at once. But with my brother and a few friends expressing interest now I need a tx for each ship. What's the cheapest way out here while not having to go totally old school non programmable. I've gotten lazy. Lol.

17. rcaircraftnut

Thankfully things are looking up finally financially. Hope to be all good with savings ECT going again by end summer. Still having to add a lot of reinvestment at this point but it's getting better. Not eating so many samiches hehe.

18. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  19. rcaircraftnut

Had a 5 in it before. Just got lost in the shuffle.

20. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

https://usa.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...dMPyYRoCFhMQAvD_BwE&ID=42481&cur_warehouse=CN

don't forget to also look for the i6 under the Flysky name. Same transmitter, just a different label. Currently $42 there at banggood, but ships from China. I think even GoolRC is slapping their name on them now as their own "brand" of transmitters. All about that licensing fee lol.