NABGO 2010

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by wrenow, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Just thought I would remind our MBG Brethren that NABGO 2010, the 6th annual North American Big Gun Open (and this year, the 9th annual Big Gun Model Warship Combat World Championship, courtesy of the AUSBG) is scheduled for July 12-18, 2010, in Kaufman, Texas (just outside Dallas), at starbrandranch.com/.
    Application forms are now up at nabgo.org/downloads/NABGO_2010_Application_Packet.pdf
    This is a week of getting together with battlers from all over the country for shipyard time and battling. One change from the 2009 schedule is that cocktails and dinner have been added by popular request for the shipyard days as well. Meals and drinks are, of course, included in the cost as noted on the forms.
    Some pictures of 2009 that have not made it to the NABGO site as yet are here:picasaweb.google.com/wrenow/NABGO2009#
    In case you have missed it, there is a writeup on NABGO here: namba.com/content/library/propwash/2010/march.pdf which mentiones MBG on P. 10.
    Additional writeups are here: namba.com/content/library/propwash/2009/march.pdf
    and here:namba.com/content/library/propwash/2007/october.pdf

Space is limited, so make sure to get your reservations in early. This is the first public anouncement that our application form went up last week, but we already have 8 confirmations and 2-3 possibles that have contacted me.
    One other point - for the multi-format guys. MWC Nats is the following week (Starting July 18), just down the road in Houston,so you could attend both the Big Gun national event and one of the Small/Fast Gun national events back to back.
    Hope to sink see you here!
    Cheers,

2. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Please note: The original application form did not include the double occupancy rates for the early (shipyard) days, only the single occupancy rates. Thanks to Brian for pointing this out. The form has been corrected. I apologize for any confusion.

Thanks,

3. wrenow

wrenow RIP

Time is fast approaching - you need to get your application form in immediately if you want to get the embroidered polo shirt while you are here.
    Again, the North American Big Gun Open, the Big Gun national event (and, this year, again, the AUSBG World Championship) is July 12-18, the week before MWC NATS.
    I am kind of surprised that no-one from Midwest, who hosted the predecessor to NABGO and helped get NABGO started, has yet attended. For those who miss it, you are missing a lot of good times, with a week of working on ships in a common, air conditioned, shipyard, plenty of battling, and lots of camaraderie with captains from all over, including from both coasts.
    Again, rooms, food, beverages, ammo, and CO2 are all included in the cost, and Admirals (spouses) are welcome. I believe we only have about 8-9 rooms maximum left, if that (and I expect several of those to be gone next week), so you really need to get your application in if you are coming to be sure you have a spot. The application form is at www.nabgo.org under event information. You can either come for the whole week (recommended for the shipyard time) or just the main battling days, Thursday is Maneuvering and Gunnery and check-in, the major battling is Fri-Sunday. Pick-up battles are available whenever you and an opponent want to square off at the pond during the week.
    If you have questions, feel free to shoot me an email at wrenow@flash.net
    Cheers,