Namba insurance and Namba Membership

Discussion in 'General' started by jadfer, Aug 27, 2015.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I was looking over the Namba insurance in response to question that came to mind. The question is.. IF a person that does NOT have Namba insurance drives a boat... would it invalidate the Namba insurance. The verbiage seems clear.. that only Namba members are covered for injury or liability, and the site is only covered when a Namba member is involved.

This makes the question easy to answer but wanted other opinions. Based on the verbiage there is no such clause that cancels or otherwise in-validates the insurance. A captain without insurance would be no different than a jogger in the park.. if either of them hurt someone or get hurt.. they would not be covered by Namba insurance.

One interesting thing... while verifying members for the event this weekend I went through and counted all the memberships associated with clubs. There were 71 total of which 62 were IRC and 9 were WWCC. I know the IRC has 1 more that was an individual member not associated with the IRC. I was informed by Al Waters with Namba that any Captain that didn't include the club name or their application (you should) should send him an email with the club name for which they wish to be associated.

So be sure to update your registration if you are missing a club name, I don't know everyone in IRC or WWCC so there must be a few more that didn't include the right club name. Send Al an email to fix it. (see Namba.org then contacts)

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

What is the advantage of listing a club rather than marking yourself as independent?

3. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Not sure but it may come into play when there is the need to insure a pond. If you are not part of a club you wont meet the 5 member minimum.

If you are truly independent... that is one thing. However if you ARE IRC or WWCC..why register as independent?

In order to be properly represented I imagine we need to have as many folks associated with the combat clubs as possible.

4. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

For the Midwest Naval Combat Club, we struggled to get our 5 required members to insure our pond. Because 2 of the paid members didn't specify their club, we could not count them. And then we have 12 battlers that have used the one-time insurance option but have not paid their full dues yet. It makes it difficult for the club officers to get the paper work done.

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

If you have the 2 guys email Al Waters directly he will move them to your club, if you have not done that already. Would that give you 5?

6. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

We do have our five, since a total of 7 have paid so far. I'll work with the members to get them registered with the club next year.

7. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

This is always worth reviewing:
    If one battler does not have NAMBA Insurance , my understanding is that it negates everyones coverage. :bang::bang::bang:
    The site must also be insured.
    Member coverage can be viewed on the NAMBA website.
    kas