need help with my clippard order..

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by vicious p, Jun 28, 2010.

1. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

I usually use MME soleniods but im going to go with poppets in my Graf Spee to have less crap in it, I ordered MME's but the boats become quite cramped inside not to mention id like to keep the ones i bought as spares for my bismarck. What exactly do i need to set up triples using a poppet? Ive never used or really looked at them before so im quite clueless and want to make sure i order everything the first time around.
    I already have (2) mav 3's. So now im pretty sure i just need one of them and i need to order (3) pav 2's. Is there anything im missing here? How to set them up and there operation would be nice as well. thanks!

Also if theres a guide i missed sorry!o_O

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I have never done it myself.
    But I have seen it done.
    I think that the folks used (1) MAV-3, to fire three MAV-2 poppets.
    The MAV-3 was plunged by the servo, and each of the MAV-2 valves had an MPA threaded onto it.
    I cannot recall what size of MPA for sure, but I think it was either an MPA-5, or possibly an MPA-3.
    The MPA is an actuator.
    Hope this helps.
    Mikey

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I drew this up a few months ago for a dual setup, much the same as a triple, you'd just add one more gun and associated mav2, mpa3 and fittings. The drawing shows a single unchecked accumulator tank, you may want to provide each cannon with its own tank and consider using checkvalves on them.. I'd also ignore the comment about using 1/8 ID hose to feed the mpa-3s, feeding them with 1/16 ID hose should be sufficient.
    [​IMG]

4. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

Ahhh, that helps alot. thanks guys, i almost ordered without getting the MPA-3's.. that would have been upsetting.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If you order PAV-2's you don't need the MPA-3's. If you order MAV-2's, you need the MPA-3's. I go with the MPA-3/MAV-2 combo myself.

6. phill

phill Active Member

A micro catalog of clippard parts used in warships is available at www.eskimo.com/~phill/wcc look under the technical info section.

7. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

be careful whenever you use check valves. If you don't set them up right, they will keep your accumulators charged even after you shut down your gas system and disconnect it, leaving you with a potential safety hazard the next time you try to work on your boat. Not fun to pull on a gas line you thought was depressurized, only to have it blast dust and grit into your face :(

8. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Yes, you have to either put an exhaust valve downstream of the check valve (one for each) or remember to hold open the trigger with the gas off to bleed the tanks out.