NETF USS Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Powder Monkey, Jan 10, 2009.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I dont think you did. And if you want Fred, it shall commence there.

2. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

o_OBoomer heres an Idea stop typing and start building once you are on the water you can flap your gums! this isnt a smak thread it is my build thread :mad:

3. Powder Monkey

4. MotoPhoto

MotoPhoto Member

Wow, lookin' nice!
    That's a very neat wiring job on the motors. Any tips? Not sure if I'll be using Deans or Powerpoles. I've got a good supply of shrink wrap on hand but still need to buy wire.
    I hate soldering (mostly b/c I'm no good at it) but am considering getting one last soldering iron. Thinking about buying one of THESE p>
    What water channel material are you using? Didn't see it in the thread above and it sort of looks like the expanding foam cut off flush to forms.
    Those turrets rock!

5. Powder Monkey

Thank you however I'm not much for soldering myself maybe someone ells can chime in here I just get by with a radio shack pistol grip type I like my irons like my woman fast and hot not much for pactients waiting for those fance ones to heat up and cool down
    the water chanel is the foamas you suspected just waiting on the feather light to go over it my hobby shop has it on order :cool:

6. BoomerBoy17

Thanks Buaer, almost missed too.

7. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Hi Powder

Looking good. You do very nice looking work, I wish I could make myself spend more time on the SS like you do.

8. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

He'd know the minute he fired that up!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::laugh:

9. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

But he may not of caught it before he put it in his secret testing pond, and all it would of done, was go in circles.

10. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

It's a round pond, it would have worked flawlessly :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D:D:D:D

11. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

You do know i can read this, correct!?

Master!? We are both masters lol. Carl and i started off on apposing fleets. I faced of against Carsl many time young But Monkey. Anyways, your is looking great my man. I will feel bad about removing all that nice super structure.

Plato

PS. I keep what I blow offyour boat so secure you details well :p

12. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

WILL! Tone down the tuff talk please... Your not sinking a BB with your CA and if you keep talking like this you will not find a place to hide (island Yamato)when they come pounding on you . The best thing you can do is lay low watch and learn. Drive you boat have a good time and spend lots of time looking into Vetern boats.

Loose lips sink ships ;)

Your friend,
    Plato :D

13. BoomerBoy17

Thanks Plato, its nothing general, its just monk. And im not planning to sink his BB, im not suicidal.
    Do i have to hide from a Yamato if i have a Graf spee? Arent we on the same teams?
    Thanks for the advice, Will.

14. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

No son, you dont have to hide from me but if you keep poking the bear with a stick you wont be able to hide BEHIND me lol. If they pick on you then you will be protected. If you bring it on yourself by yapping up a storm then you set yourself up. But Monkey learned this last year. Now dont make the mistakes he did. He is has had some driving xp this past year and his BB is coming along great. You dont want any part of that in your CA. Like I said, kick back enjoy your boat and learn how it works. You will enjoy this hobby more. I myself do my share of talking smack but I drive a big nasty boat and I have paid my dues. Further more, I do it to my friends only.
    Just my 2 cent,

Plato

15. BoomerBoy17

Thanks Plato, ill keep that in mind.

16. Powder Monkey

:blink:OH Crap! nope you caught me :whistling: it was a 1AM solder job and I had made a mental note to swap the can side + and I just checked and my mental notes are in a pile of brain mater unread on my solder table thanks for the catch back to work :blush:

17. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Looking good. the bigger they are the better they sink.

18. Powder Monkey

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Looking great!

20. t_josef

t_josef Member

She's looking real pretty Fred.