NETF USS Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Powder Monkey, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Hi Fred

Do you think it will last 2 complete sorties on just the 12 amps? Or do you guys swap your batteries after every sortie? In the MWC the guys running the SD's, and NC's are using 36 amps. Most of them can just make it 3 sorties on the 36 amps before they run out. So they are using between 24 to 28 amps for the 2 sorties according to how long the battle lasts for.

3. Powder Monkey

I should hope so seeing as it is only running my motors and my Guns;)

4. djranier

Ok the same thing that they are running, you guys must not move, or pump much, good luck with it.

5. Powder Monkey

my pump runs off of a separate 7.2 NiMH 4500 and my Radio off another. you don't see them in the picture because they just came in today . so the 2 6 V 12Ah SLA run in series for 12V only run my 2 Direct MFA COMO Drive 500 Size Motor and my Clippard Solenoids :blink: I should think that will do

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Any idea what current your drive motors and pump motor draw under load? I wouldn't be surprised if you drive motors have plenty of juice its your pump that I would be concerned about but that really depends on the pump motor. Using something that will pump enough to keep you competitive you'll probably be drawing upwards of 10 amps(possibly closer to 20 I forgot what the stringer draws and a titan draws even more) which would give you less than 30 min run time on the pump battery. 30 min of pump time is on the light side, if you take some damage early in the first sortie that could easily be a problem towards the end of the second sortie when you need your pump the most. Try and get enough capacity to run everything in your boat for an hour that should cover you for a two sortie fleet battle or campaign.

7. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

He has more than enough juice boyz!

8. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I run two 12amphr 6volts in parallel for 24. I have gone whole days of battling running 2 550's and a 550 pump. sometimes it won't even take a charge. Messing around in your backyard will reveal these kinds of things. :laugh:
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it is just one battery. Monk has enough battery onboard for that thing. He just needs a board of chargers...

9. djranier

Good luck with it then, let us all know when you get it on the water how it does.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

PE is much smaller and using the same batteries only I set it up for 6v 24 amps. The ship ran the entire day with battle damage, flooding and still powered through.12 amps may not be enough for a ship like the Sodak especially when the pump begins to draw more amps under load.I:)

11. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Monk is running a seperate pump and seperate receiver battery. The only thing drawing will be the motors and they may run more effeciently on 12v than 6v. I'll have him up here to battle and we will drop a meter on it afterward. We'll let everyone know what we get. :plain:

12. Powder Monkey

13. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

You da man, it looks nice!

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Aweeessommmeee!!!

15. Powder Monkey

:blush: Thanks Guys but lets hope she floats and on time :confused:

16. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Looks nice, can't wait to shoot at it,
    Carlo

17. Powder Monkey

Thanks Carlo that means a lot coming from you and I cant wait to run away from you at least this time when I bite it might hurt a little more :confused:

18. simm37

simm37 New Member

Awesome job Fred

19. Powder Monkey

20. Powder Monkey