New Brunswick Battle Plan

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, May 29, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Chuck? Easterbrook? You two are headmanning this.... what is the status?

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Chuck have you heard anymore from OAF?

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Haven't heard anything from them as yet. I sent them another email, hope I hear back soon.

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

If they are around on the boards... let em know this is here.... good place to get things figured out... just a thought.

5. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

HI Guys..
    I have sent out a blast to our club members and have only 1 negative reply. I will ask at the pond today..

talk soon,
    Mark

6. Chris Easterbrook

Thanks Mark just let us know and we can start planning this thing.

7. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

Thanks Mark, looking forward to meeting you folks.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

I think we could lay some groundwork and get a few things started. As far as the battle and participants? Let's be ready for a few. This will be an excellent event with upwards of 4 clubs represented! Sweet! Networking. Sinks. Good Food. Battle logs. Drink and merriment. People from Iceland. It's all good.

9. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

This going to be GREAT!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. What are you thinking Craig.

10. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I think the best bet is to pick a long weekend so we can get the best bang for our buck. Mark when is there a long weekend in August/Sept.

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Let me know guys so I can make arragements well in advance. Namely getting my ship there ahead of time, arranging a place to stay, booking a flight ect.

The shipping costs from Purolator to have BISMARCK shipped to St.John's was 148.95

Curt

12. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Curt, why not drive? It would probably be cheaper, you know the boats (notice plural) would be safe and you would have wheels! Sounds like a win-win-win to me.
    Just a thought, J.

13. Chris Easterbrook

That would be better Curt if you have access to a car that will make the trip, I wpuld like to have it latter in the month then maybe Jay and Pam maybe able to make it on there way back east.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:)]I don't have a vechicle so that would be a problem. I think the cost of the gas, the cost of vechile and driver would equal flight and the shipping. It would save me time for sure but then again I could use the flexibility of a vech once I am over there.

Think i will have to learn how to drive a standard. That way I may be able to arrange with my brother to borrow his truck. It's a small pickup but the box is just long enough to accomodate a couple of ships. I may be able to get Yamato and Bismarck down together. I can build a couple of more crates like Chris sent me to put Yamato and Roma in and BRING all THREE down in the truck. That would work out much better for me... hmmm you gave me an idea.

Just have to swing it with my brother. If so then that will be perfect. The only drawback is the time in travelling but I've done it many times before so that doesn't bother me.

Curt

[;)][:)]

15. Chris Easterbrook

Well we might be able to arrange some lodgings for you and anyone else who might require them, I will keep everyone apprised on that front.

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

Curt.... I could always fly over and drive back with you.... just a thought....

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Now that would be a blast buddy. It's a long drive but we would have a great laugh along the way.

Curt

18. Craig

Craig Active Member

You think? *grins* BTW, I'm still pondering the trip over.... my only concern is my health.... well and yours...let's see what I can get accomplished.

19. Chris Easterbrook

Hey Craig won't you be in NS house sitting

20. Craig

Craig Active Member

I will be in Nova Scotia in August.... but who said how and when. Everything has a chance to work itself out. If it doesn't... oh well. That's life. I think Curt and I will find a way to have an adventure. God knows we need one.