New Brunswick Battle

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Chris Easterbrook, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hi everyone got back from NB yesterday, but I did not have much time to look for a battle site but as I will be moving up in less than a months time we may still be able to find a spot around Fredricton. I will also contact Chris Osbourne in St. John about a site they have used in the past in his area. Chuck I think we need to find out how many people for sure are willing to attend so we can start planning the logistics of the event. If you are interested in attending please let myself or Chuck know so we can put a plan together.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I need 4 weeks advanced notice to get prepared and submit for vacation time.

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

What would the date be? Things would be easier if there was a close body of water available, say like a pool maybe...

4. Chris Easterbrook

Funny Jay but the pool is not big enough for a battle, but I will go on the hunt as soon as we get settled or we might just use the site that you all used in St. John last time if we can't find anything better up my way as it is only a 45 min drive.

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

There was an issue with insurance last time. Chris said something about the city wanting insurance or something for future events. I think he had a price given to him by city council ... I remember it being in the low hundreds. The site is also in a city park and next to a camp ground. I remember the price was 10.00 a night to have a spot with no camper. Curt may have more accurate knowledge of this. He was there with me.

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly I thought that the way around the insurance requirement was that everyone joined the IRCWCC to take advantage of their insurance through NAMBA. I could be wrong.

7. Chris Easterbrook

No Idea but I will check with Chris and see what he can remember. The date that is being thrown around is the 6th and 7th of Sept.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:)]There was an issue with the city over insurance. I don't know what the costs are but I believe it was quite expensive and we had to purchase the insurance from the city. I'll email Chris and try to get info on that.

Curt

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Unfortuantly Namba did not reply to our queires many many years ago regarding how the Namba insurance works if there was an incident. We researched their insurcance policies and found it only covered Powerboating events and there was nothing for a RC COMBAT type venue. I stopped purchasing the insurance because of that. They may have something there now but it really turned me off when I did not get one reply on my queires regarding thier insurance and would it cover incidents here in Canada.

Curt

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

That's what I remember too Curt.

11. Chris Easterbrook

Wow thant is no way to run a business.

12. Chris Easterbrook

If you are planning to attend the battle in NB this year could you post adn let me know and could you post what dates would be good for you.

13. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Aug 30 and 31 would be better for us. It's the last weekend of the summer and I only need to take 1 night shift off. Get vacation time over the summer is going to be very difficult and some time has been refuse already.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's one of my concerns too..getting the time off for that time. Hopefully a date is settled and we can begin planning for the event.

If I an swing it I hope to bring down my Submarine and 2 tanks.

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we shouldn't combine it with CANNATS? Just a thought.

16. Chris Easterbrook

Not an option this is non NABS event. I think everyone likes the 30 and 31 better. I think this should be the date as most people have said they like those days better than the 6 and 7 of sept.

So as it stands now we have 7 liking this date unless someone has a good reason I think that this should be the dates of the battle in NB this year.

17. Craig

Craig Active Member

Enjoy the battle guys. I cannot attend that weekend. Good Luck all!

Also..... when was CANADIAN NATIONALS just a single group or club`s idea. Give your head a shake. If there is enough interest... make it the Nationals event. Really thou......

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The Nationals name or "NATS" was already taken by our U.S. friends. They coined it and so we didn't want to confuse it with their Nats. We were hoping to attract other groups across the country but we were the only group going for a lonnng time. CAN-NATS was a neat way of identifying our annual championship as a National event.

19. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

We did have participation from other clubs for a few years. We had the late Dan McGuffin from the OAF in attendance one year and Marty Hayes from the Maryland IRCWCC club several times.

Bad Bob

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That's right. It was a good time. Oh we also had another gentlmen come up for a battle but it wasn't a Can-nats battle. I forget the gentlemen's name but I believe he was a dentist and he too had a Michigan model. What was his name????