New date for the Conference: October 16, 17 & 18

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Boatmeister, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

All,
    I've been neglecting this for a bit...It has been a very draining past few weeks.

As per conversations I have had with the membership, the Treaty Conference will be held on October 16, 17 & 18th in Xenia, Ohio With the Midwest guys are having their big event the last weekend of September and I really didn't think we wanted to interfere with them.

If you plan to attend, I'd like some feedback so we can plan accordingly. As soon as I collate it, there will have hotel/lodging info to pass along. Also I do have room at my house for those who would like to crash. As of now I know of 1 and possibly a 2 people staying at the house so please let me know so we don't end up doubling up. I also have a good sized yard that you could pitch a tent in if you want to rough it.

It would be great if we could maximize the battling so I'm proposing have several 3 sortie battles per day, like we've done in the past and some one on ones if people feel so inclined. There will be a small fee to cover lunch and CO2. Not sure right now what that would be just yet but I have an idea of the amount. When I get some harder numbers I'll relay it to everyone.

It would also be a good idea if we talked about the off season building sessions and the battling season next year. Hopefully we as a group won't be dealing with the plethora of life issues like we did this year!

Finally here are the links to the yahoo site for treaty combat and our facebook site. We are going to be putting more information on both along with the forum site in the future pertaining to builds, how too's, where to gets and also our battles. I look forward to hearing from you and most of all see all you this October for the Conference. If you're not on the sites, please join so it'll be easier to pass information along.

Thanks,
    Eric

Yahoo! Groups

2. Boatmeister

Update:

As of today I have a commitment form 9 people who said they would attend the conference and 4 possibles. Not to bad... I haven't figured out the tally for the fee to cover food and CO2 just yet but that will be coming soon.

For those not staying at the house there is a hotel that's about 2 miles from my place so we could all get together and drive down to the lake. It'll be a bit of a jaunt but the idea of all of us hanging out in the evenings will make it worth it. The hotel is:

Days Inn in Huber Heights
    7761 Old Country Court
    Huber Heights, OH, 45424
    Phone Number : 844-520-6730

There are others around but they want around 100 a night so I figured this one would be good.

If anyone has any questions just let me know. I'll getting more information up on the sites soon.

3. Boatmeister

Additional Conference Information:

I was going to wait to put this up but with time starting to slip away from us all the Conference will be here before you know it. To you old hats at Treaty this will probably be redundant but bears repeating.

1.) Please review the rules package and ship list for Treaty. If you have any questions about an interpretation, contact Mike Demarco, Buddy Friend or myself. Our rules are pretty explanatory and we like them, but some may have a question. Please ask before hand so we're not sorting this out at lakeside.

2.) Please test you ship prior to the event. We waste so much time the first day getting everyone running speed, testing pumps and clearing the cobwebs out of the ships. This needs to be done ahead of time and should show what needs to be fixed.

3.) Our ship speed is what defines us most. Ships get what the prototypes had and that is what makes us different. If you ship is suppose to run at 28 knots (per the ship list) you need to be ready to run "no faster" than 32 seconds per 100 feet. 31.5 seconds is not "close enough." If this means you are running 33 seconds of slower, decrease the size of the drag disks and try again. Over the past few years we've been getting lax about this.

4.) For those coming over from the other groups, we welcome you and are glad you decided to give treaty a shot (no pun intended) and we are sure that you won't be disappointed with the fun factor this brand of combat brings to the table. What we ask is that you understand what is OK in the other groups, is not OK here. Treaty gives a pass about the elevation of your side mounts as this would be a major issue to change out to match our rules, but other aspects we will call you on (example - fishtail rudders). We don't want to cause issues but we ask that how we conduct our battles be respected. I know this really has not been an issue in the past but better to get it out now instead of when we're at lakeside.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Admirals board (Mike Demarco, Buddy Friend or Eric Noble) and we will answer any questions you have.

I will have more info coming in the next few weeks including the schedule of battle. Make sure your stuff works!!! We are going to be spending alot of time in the water....er...with our ships (Hopefully not retrieving them!)

Thanks

4. Boatmeister

We are really going to be pushing to get in alot of battling that weekend and lay the groundwork for the following season. The schedule for the conference is flexible but this is what we'd like to do.

Friday - Testing, 2 sortie battle, lunch, 3 sortie battle, individual battle - done by 4

Saturday - 3 sortie battle, Lunch, Capture the Flag, 3 sortie battle (if senerio is short). Individual battles, done by 5

Captains dinner Friday or Saturday night at a restaurant - all TBD

Sunday - 3 sortie battle, Lunch during group meeting. Done by 2.

Will get some guidelines out for the Capture the Flag senerio a little later but figured it would be something different to try. It's similar to what we use to do in big gun but with a small gun flare. It could take us 30 minutes or it could take us 3 hours. It all depends on how aggressive people are.

The 3 sortie battles are something we've done in the past and really tests the ship and the captain. Like I said earlier, we want to maximize the time on the water and not in the pits.

If someone else has an idea through it out there and lets see if it'll fly!

Thanks,
    Eric

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Have fun. Wish I can be there..
    Nikki

6. Boatmeister

Well all the time has come for the Conference. It looks like we're going to have an average sized group battling. But we'll see some new faces and a couple of new ships and old ships with new captains. We have a full slate of battling to do and lots of fun to be had on the water.

If you are showing up for the day to battle there is an $8 fee (covers food and CO2). For those staying at the bunker (er, house) it'll be $45 for the whole weekend (7 meals and CO2). Below is some information as to the location of the event. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me via email.

Title: Washington Treaty Combat Conference event.
    October 16 thru 18 (3 day event).

Date: Friday October 16 - Sunday October 18, 2015
    Time: 10am till approx 5-6pm
    Street: 1880 Turner Rd
    City State Zip: Xenia, Ohio. 45385

Spectators welcome.

Street: 1880 Turner Rd.
    City State Zip: Xenia, Ohio 45385

7. Boatmeister

One final note for the conference. For those attending, please make sure your ships are ready to go so we are not standing around trying to fix the ship. We will speed test and pump test the ships prior to battle. It should not take but a few minutes to do both. Since most are coming in Thursday, we will test at the house so we can hit the water running.

Please review the rules set so we can have a smooth event. Again, if there are any questions, please contact me via email. Thanks and safe travels!