New fire control options

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by thegeek, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Prototype Gun/Pump Board, it is a standard dual firing board with modified firmware for pump use. Respect to you guys making nice videos.

bsgkid117, thegeek, SteveT44 and 5 others like this.
  2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Any reason not to put a flyback on the board?

3. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

That was quick work dude! With that one code change, you just opened up the world of three channel micro combat! Nice work.

4. SnipeHunter

I didn’t use onboard flyback diodes for a few reasons. These were originally designed for a drop in replacement for the TeamDelta boards. (after ServoCity bought TeamDelta and raised the price of a single sided firing board from $25 to $35, but I digress) So it kept them pin compatible with those legacy boards for ease of use. Putting the diode on the board also increases the number of wires connected to the board, less wires makes it easier to waterproof, specifically wires into/out of a watertight box. Electronically you want the diode as close to the solenoid as possible so mounting it on the board is less ideal than putting it close to the solenoid.

Thank you. It really was just changing a few lines of code in the program so that made it quick. The hardest part was getting the LEDs to behave properly. Small ships seem to have a lot of interest these days, doing them on three channels makes a ton of sense. One of the reasons I wanted to start building this stuff was so that it could be flexible to what the hobby needs.

Beaver, Lou, thegeek and 4 others like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Nifty - how would that look on the transmitter side? Would you have to remove your joystick, and replace it with a toggle switch (pump) + push button (cannon) combo?

6. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Nope. Just bump the sick up to fire the cannon. Bump it down to start the pump. Bump it down again to stop the pump.

SnipeHunter likes this.
  7. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

When we talk 3 channel, I always think of a pistol grip. Just to clarify, we are looking at a 4 channel radio?
    If pistol, how would you fire the guns if one hand is throttle and the other is on the wheel?

8. SnipeHunter

The 3 channel pistol grip radios I've seen have two buttons on the pistol grip under your thumb for the third channel so useability would depend on how they are setup to function in the radio.

Lou likes this.
  9. Julian Barbera

Julian Barbera Active Member

I’ve seen this thread so many times and I just got it.:bang::laugh: