New Forum Request

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by JohnmCA72, Nov 9, 2008.

1. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Can we get a new forum created, under the "General" heading, something like:

"Full-Scale Naval Topics"

With the subhead/description:

"Ships, navies, technology, history (actual & alternative), etc. in 1:1 scale."

That ought to cover a lot of ground, including contemporary topics if anyone wants to go there. The idea is to create a place for a broad range of discussions relating to "real" ships, navies, & related naval topics & keep them from distracting other topics.

Thanks!

JM

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I agree. We aren't just model enthusiasts, but also history enthusiasts, and this will certainly help towards pleasing the goal of historical discussion. 2 thumbs up john, good idea.

3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

It would be the perfect spot for a trivia thread as well. Whoever gets the question right first gets to ask the next one. I recently asked a question on another forum about my older brother's high school friend's great uncle, who is a Chilean national hero. His wooden ship was rammed by an enemy ship and he and two other sailors made a boarding attempt but were all killed. A second ram resulted in a second unsuccessful boarding attempt and the wooden ship was sunk, lifting the blockade of an important port. Other questions involve identifying photos of ships, the largest British-made muzzle-loading rifle, or the last iron warship to move under sail-power only. Bonus points to whoever can tell me who my brother's friend's great uncle is and what has become of the enemy vessel that rammed his ship.

4. klibben

klibben Member

Sounds like Arturo Prat Chacón and the Huáscar which is now a museum if I do recall correctly (part of the War of the Pacific?).... but that was what... 1879? All of my great uncles are still alive, so I guess it seems a bit long ago to be the guy you are talking about?

5. phill

phill Active Member

As the Minister of Misinformation, I request a forum under the "local Clubs" section for the "Washington Cascade Column" Subtitled "IRCWCC in WA, OR and BC".
    Thanks!

6. squires

squires Member

i like both the trivia and 1:1 discussion boards ideas, i personally dont know an awful lot about naval history but i am very willing to learn and that would help

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Can I request that the permissions for the new forum be set so that I can actually read topics in it? :ermm:

8. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

9. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

and I got the WCC forum set up... wow justin, this is easy

10. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff