New Guy from Las Vegas... hopefully moving to Tennessee next summer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeff Bostic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Jeff Bostic

Jeff Bostic New Member

My name is Jeff. I have been a fan of RC Combat for decades and even started building my 1st ship about 25 years ago. (Never finish it due to time and money.) I am now retired and seem to have a bit more of both these days and so hope to get started on a new hobby.

I currently live in Las Vegas, NV, but plan on moving in 2019. With luck near other captains, and with property that will have it's own combat pound!

Smooth sailing,
    Jeff

2. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Tennessee, there are a couple of battlers in that area

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  3. Matthew Cates

Matthew Cates Member

welcome! Tennessee is quite the climate change from Nevada! What ship are you building?

4. Jeff Bostic

Jeff Bostic New Member

Yes the change is what we are looking for! It has been so long ago that I do not remember the ship I was building, I believe it was an USN Cruiser size, but not sure. I had the hull and ribs cut and glued but did not get any further. It got bumped around for years and ended up with a broken keel so I no longer have it. I believe I still have the plans but I would need to dig for them. Based on some forum posts stating build what you would love if you won't be doing much combat (don't know how much I will be doing so thought I would take that advice) I was actually thinking of building the ship my Uncle served on. CL-56 Columbia. She may be a bit light for RC warships, as she was only armed with 6x dual 5" and 4x triple 6" guns (if she is too light I may have to pass on building her).

5. Litch42f

Litch42f Well-Known Member

Hey Jeff, welcome. I also live in the Las Vegas area and drive down to Southern California for SCRAP events. Check out scrapcombatships.com. Let me know if you have any questions and if you want to see how I put together my ships we can meet up somewhere.